What's new

CSS/ CSB Hanging Notes

Now, we need to contact Cinesamples and make them aware of these hints. Maybe their notorious hanging notes (always the legato!) can be cured as well after all.
Thanks, snattack for sharing your experiences.

Here's a response from Alex:

"Thanks very much for your detailed reporting on the bug. As it turns out, we've managed to fix this bug, and will be releasing an update for all 3 currently available libraries... ...this update will also contain a number of other tweaks and improvements, including a runs mode for CSS, which sounds great!"

Did they mention a release date for the update?

here is a scripter MidiMonitor script that might help people resolve what is going on. See attached. Copy this into the following folder:

Code:
~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Plug-in Settings/Scripter/

To use the script setup your project however you want and in the last midifx plugin slot, place this Scripter script. Open the edit window of Scripter to view the logging. This will show you exactly what is being sent to the instrument, in the correct order, including with midi timing information if you want, etc.

Attachments

• MidiMon_v1_3.pst.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 14
Also with this library, are those of you experiencing problems using CC switches or note keyswitches to change articulations?

So, I've suddenly started having what I think is the hanging notes issue. I'm using Key switches via Thanos created by @NoamL to combat the delay. I've tried every possible way to reprogram this, including Alex's suggestions regarding Midi Chase, but can't see to fix the problem. Any advice would be appreciated. I really want to try and avoid adding another track just to run the legato patch, as I like to think of each instrument as a line, rather than just a series of keyboard patches. Thank you very much

"Thanks very much for your detailed reporting on the bug. As it turns out, we've managed to fix this bug, and will be releasing an update for all 3 currently available libraries... ...this update will also contain a number of other tweaks and improvements, including a runs mode for CSS, which sounds great!"
Wondered if anyone had heard any more news about this exciting update, ? particulalry the runs mode..Obvioulsy keen to get my hands on this, like many folks here, I'm sure ! Thanks

Wondered if anyone had heard any more news about this exciting update, ? particulalry the runs mode..Obvioulsy keen to get my hands on this, like many folks here, I'm sure ! Thanks
I'm quite keen to get the update too. Currently working on a film and the hanging notes are driving me insane!
Any news?

So, is there really a consensus what's causing this? Especially with Cubase and expression maps.

I forgot this because I use CSB rarely- and of course it hit me in the middle of a work-project I've been working on two days utilizing CSB. >.<

as of September 2nd Im still having hanging note and weird note trigger issues on CSS and CSB legato patches. This is on Kontakt 6.4.0 after the update

Just to say, Kontakt 6.4.1 changelog:

FIXED Certain libraries (Cinematic Studio Strings and others) could cause incorrect long release notes under certain conditions

Oh cool, Looking forward to the run mode.

I got the change to test out the kontakt 6.4.1 patch for CSS and CSB. It seems to have fixed it. For now atleast...

I just noticed the thread was about a different issue. What I'm experiencing with CSSS (solo strings) is some notes getting stuck for 1-2 seconds if I place CC2 (vibrato control) envelope points near the legato transitions

Top Bottom