What's new

Create a Cue Sheet from Cubase's marker track

EarlyReflexions

Hey there !

Cue sheets are boring to make, especialy if you work on Tv/documentaries with 50/100+ cues for a project. At least using Cubase it is, there's no way to export easily a spreadsheet with name, TC in, TC out and duration for each cue...

Well...
Since I'm a fellow composer AND a huge geek, I tackled that :

www.sebastienrenault.com/cuesheet

All you have to do is export your marker track (using linear mode, not musical), feed it to this little script and download a .xls file that will read :

Cue# | Cue title | TC in | TC out | Duration

and total duration at the end.

It's not formated so you can use your BMI / SACEM / whatever template you want.

I'm currently in the process of turning this into a desktop app, using JAVA. It actually works fine (mac/pc), but JAVA is not the best thing and some people don't want to ear about it, so I'll try and make a C++ or whatever version soon. I'll sell that probably.

Until then, you can use this script for free - or donate half your immense fortune to support this project, my rent and my studio, since it can turn a boring 2 hour job in a lovely 20 seconds one.

Hope some of you will find it usefull and will spread love and peace during those hours not lost anymore.

Cheers !

This is a lovely idea! I don't use Cubase, unfortunately, but I know that keeping a master cue sheet during the composition process, and having to create a specific cue sheet for the PRO, is definitely no fun. Would like to see this process automated as much as possible. Looking forward to a dedicated app ;)

This is a lovely idea! I don't use Cubase, unfortunately, but I know that keeping a master cue sheet during the composition process, and having to create a specific cue sheet for the PRO, is definitely no fun. Would like to see this process automated as much as possible. Looking forward to a dedicated app ;)
What DAW are you using ? Can it export a marker track ? feel free to send a mp, I might be able to hack in it and add its support to my script...

I know someone who had developed a way to create cue sheets out of avid/final cut. I will follow up and see if it's available. I thought that might help.

What DAW are you using ? Can it export a marker track ? feel free to send a mp, I might be able to hack in it and add its support to my script...
Logic and Digital Performer, and I'll have to check about exporting marker tracks. I actually don't know about either. Thanks for your offer, very kind!

Hey there !

Cue sheets are boring to make, especialy if you work on Tv/documentaries with 50/100+ cues for a project. At least using Cubase it is, there's no way to export easily a spreadsheet with name, TC in, TC out and duration for each cue...

Well...
Since I'm a fellow composer AND a huge geek, I tackled that :

www.sebastienrenault.com/cuesheet

All you have to do is export your marker track (using linear mode, not musical), feed it to this little script and download a .xls file that will read :

Cue# | Cue title | TC in | TC out | Duration

and total duration at the end.

It's not formated so you can use your BMI / SACEM / whatever template you want.

I'm currently in the process of turning this into a desktop app, using JAVA. It actually works fine (mac/pc), but JAVA is not the best thing and some people don't want to ear about it, so I'll try and make a C++ or whatever version soon. I'll sell that probably.

Until then, you can use this script for free - or donate half your immense fortune to support this project, my rent and my studio, since it can turn a boring 2 hour job in a lovely 20 seconds one.

Hope some of you will find it usefull and will spread love and peace during those hours not lost anymore.

Cheers !
Really looking to try this out of my next project! Im going to try it out soon and I'll totally donate if it works for me!

Thank you!

Dear composer friends, new bump :

My little app, Cubase Markers to Cue Sheet is now v1.3!

NEW/FIX :
- Now handles marker tracks from older (tested up from 6.5) Cubase version. Works for position AND cycle markers!
- Switch between .csv and .xls file output.
- A bit of code cleaning.

Thanks a lot to all the users for their kind feedback and support !

https://www.sebastienrenault.com/cuesheet/

Last edited:
It's been a while ! Little bump for 1.4 !

NEW/FIX :
- Fixed a problem when the marker track was exported from within a folder and would crash the script. :eek: (Cubase 9+)
- Fixed the duration that was rounded to the lowest second.
- Added a field to read the timecoded duration.

Thanks once again to all the users for their contribution, feedback and support on making this script as usefull as possible for everyone !

Hi

I wanna thank you for this great tool mate! Its fantastic and saves a lot of time and effort.

I have a few little suggestions if you don't mind.

First, could please add a multi cue sheets upload option? This gonna be so great while making cue sheets for TV Drama with more than 10-30 episodes, because it takes long time to upload sheets and save them one by one.

Second, I suggest that the output file name (Excel or PDF) should match project title name or you can add an output file name filed.

Otherwise, i am so happy i found you and you deserve a very big thank and donate!

Cheers,

Anas

Multi upload is indeed a great idea :) I'll take a look at this !

Most likely I'll make a single cuesheet at the end with a marker with each marker file name.

I'll do something about the filename.

Thanks for your input ! There will be a 1.5 pretty soon ;)

Hey there ! Thanks to your input, I'm now releasing the 2.0 version.

NEW/FIX :
- Cleaned code for multiple marker tracks files at the same time.
--- If there's only one, the interface stays the same.
--- If there are more than one, you can preview all of them at once and download each cuesheet.
- The cuesheet files (.csv or .xls) are now using the SAME name as the marker track uploaded, for an easier use.

Let me know what you think !

Cheers !

Top Bottom