1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could it finally be the choir?

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by MillsMixx, Sep 5, 2018.

1. bryla

bryla Senior Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Finally someone sampled a Cirrus SR22!! Hope it has in-built Leslie-simulation.

TGV likes this.
  2. storyteller

storyteller Senior Member

Dec 26, 2015
    On the flipside, Cirrus could be a reference to a Spitfire cloud subscription service. That seems more likely based on name alone. Just a thought. :rolleyes:

3. Geoff Grace

Geoff Grace Senior Member

Apr 15, 2009
    They certainly have enough libraries to make a subscription service viable. It would be a great way to cater to the try-before-you-buy crowd.

Best,

Geoff

4. quantum7

quantum7 1 more year until I turn 50...then it's all over.

I doubt that would happen unless they ported all their libraries to their new sample player engine.

5. AlexanderSchiborr

AlexanderSchiborr Senior Member

May 1, 2014
    Now I know what that is. A true analog recorded sitcom choir laughing background library where you have 2 sections of groups:

1. Men

- Longs with senza vib & con vib, and woop di woop vib.
    - Shorts sligthly off (random Words, randomly edited anyways..but works) - Laughing..
    - Long expressivo growl tremolo (agressive laughing)
    - Effects like Burps, coughs (Bonus!!)

2. Women

- Longs with 8va senza woo di woop for topend, Woop di woop no vib, expressivo vip do dip, molto contrems 8va (harmonics enhancer)

- Shorts tight (definitive range up to C5, with word laugh creator (can also do whine impression)

- Longs growl trems

- No Bonus..:(

3. FULL SECTION

Men + Women:

- Full Triple Forte Laughter Randomizer Patch (for ultimate drama control for your sitcom)
    - Both in Shorts and long articulations

Available Mics:

Spectator Mic
    Stage Mic
    Toilette Mic
    Mixer Control Mic!
    Boss Mic (yeah..) - Thats the black stool mic (only in the proffessional version).

Good night!

TGV, Bill the Lesser, Henu and 5 others like this.
  6. SoNowWhat?

SoNowWhat? realised I can type here

Jul 26, 2016
    Damn! I need a women-burping patch for a looming project deadline. Is Orchestral Tools worth a look?

Wally Garten likes this.
  7. AllanH

AllanH Senior Member

Oct 11, 2015
    Central Coast California
    Visiting "good old" Cirrus logic (www.cirrus.com), I noticed that Cirrus' tag-line is "Audio experts in a voice connected world". Now that Spitfire has taken venture capital, it all makes sense: do a reverse take-over of Cirrus Logic, pivot into a takeover of Apple and Google, and teach Siri and the Google lady to sing. Let Deepmind synthesize the rest. :geek:

Wally Garten and SoNowWhat? like this.
  8. erica-grace

erica-grace Senior Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Cirrus is a genus of atmospheric cloud generally characterized by thin, wispy strands, giving the type its name from the Latin word cirrus, meaning a ringlet or curling lock of hair. This cloud can form at any altitude between and above sea level. The strands of cloud sometimes appear in tufts of a distinctive form referred to by the common name of "mares' tails".

Thinking this is Albion VI

9. Bill the Lesser

Bill the Lesser Senior Member

May 8, 2018
    Don't say that, please! The Albion Universe is complete. And I don't even have Loegria yet.

I want a choir, dangit! Been awfully patient...up until now. The gloves come off after Oct 2.

Gaffable likes this.
  10. SoNowWhat?

SoNowWhat? realised I can type here

Jul 26, 2016
    All this talk of "mares" tails, and Christian's recent video with Jake Jackson = this is a reverb plug...obviously!

11. ka00

ka00 Senior Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    Many of us thought Apex was a new library. This could be another branded sales event.

Apex was the highest point. How to top that? Go into the clouds, I guess. Could be another 50% deal. But which library?

Last time the sale on Tundra made sense to me as it seemed at the time that HZS would maybe make Tundra appear partly redundant.

12. Sami

Sami The Undisclosing

Jul 23, 2017
    Undisclosed
    Aren't we all brothers (and sisters)?

keepitsimple and Geoff Grace like this.
  13. Krayh

Krayh Senior Member

Dec 19, 2012
    I bet my left index finger it's a new stringggggggggggggggggg library...

zimm83 likes this.
  14. MrHStudio

MrHStudio Senior Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Christian made a comment in his latest vlog about rumours Spitfire had recorded a Choir which given his sense of humour pretty much guarantees this isn’t it!

15. N.Caffrey

N.Caffrey Senior Member

Mar 15, 2016
    yeah choir I think it's going to be released towards the end of the year. @ka00 you might be right!

16. LowweeK

LowweeK Loïc D

Oct 12, 2015
    Paris, France
    Or maybe that’s the code name for the legato hotfix + staccato samples package for SStS.
    Ok ok enough of it...

17. Bill the Lesser

Bill the Lesser Senior Member

May 8, 2018
    I'm beginning to think The Choir is a stalled enterprise, possibly due to technical over reach (which for some time bedeviled EW's ambitious choir) or some intractable complication perhaps not technical in nature.

Considering the expenditure which must have been made over such a long period, its absence does not bode well for those of us who yearn for a truly great choir.

Just crying in my beer, ignore me. I think I'll go play some Locrian sets in Dominus.

Maybe somebody will sample these guys. Would love to have an exquisite small choir library.

Jonas Hallstrom and WindcryMusic like this.
  18. kimarnesen

kimarnesen Senior Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Yes, I want to find Christian again! Had so much fun with it!

19. Nao Gam

Nao Gam Dirty little gearslut

Apr 1, 2018
    Didn't even get the mountain right :/ but it sure was fun and a great chance to grab tundra too.

That said, I'm smelling choir announcement hzs style here. Christian wouldn't bring it up for no reason

20. N.Caffrey

N.Caffrey Senior Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Talking about the choir, did you see Christian and the team flew to LA to film Eric some days ago?

Alex Niedt and Nao Gam like this.