What's new

Converting Sheet Music To PDF. iPad? Android? Advice needed.

steveo42

So the time has come to convert my 50+ year collection of sheet music to electronic format. I'm a PC Windows guy except for my iPhone and iWatch.
So from what I am seeing, the best programs for storing and also live gigging seem to be for the iPad platform. At least from what I am finding. I'm not opposed to Android but it seems Apple has better support for this type of task.

What screen size would be best for displaying sheet music so it's readable at a gig with a minimum of scrolling?
Also, would 128g (iPad) be enough storage for a very large collection? I realize with Apple it's buy it once as they don't accept SD cards.

What's the preferred scanning method?
Flatbed scanner?
Digital photos?

As you can tell, this is my first journey into this area :)

Any other advice would be appreciated.

I use an iPad pro -- the biggest one they have -- and Newzik. I opened a thread about it that might be relevant about software, nothing about scanning:

I used a scanning app (no longer have it on my phone and don't remember what it was called) which worked really well for scores. As good as a flatbed scanner and you don't get that darkness towards the spine where it lifts off the scanner.

I use an iPad pro -- the biggest one they have -- and Newzik. I opened a thread about it that might be relevant about software, nothing about scanning:

Is Newzik better than For Score?

Top Bottom