What's new

Constant crashes with Cubase 9

stigc56

Hi
I have just updated to Cubase 9 and I have constant crashes. I have trashed preferences and started again, but nothing until now has helped.
A crash may occur the moment I hit the ok button in the midi export dialog or when I select VEPro as the VI for a track instrument. Or import the xml file from Composer Tools to a generic remote setup in Devices.
Recently I installed a Sonnet Tempo SSD Pro Plus with a Samsung 1 tb SSD, and it worked very well with Cubase 8.5 and all the other programs I'm using.
I would really appreciate all the help I can get.

Hi
I have just updated to Cubase 9 and I have constant crashes. I have trashed preferences and started again, but nothing until now has helped.
A crash may occur the moment I hit the ok button in the midi export dialog or when I select VEPro as the VI for a track instrument. Or import the xml file from Composer Tools to a generic remote setup in Devices.
Recently I installed a Sonnet Tempo SSD Pro Plus with a Samsung 1 tb SSD, and it worked very well with Cubase 8.5 and all the other programs I'm using.
I would really appreciate all the help I can get.

Good Day STigc56, I am thinking to upgrade in Mac. Many errors in Cubase 9?

I had problems with a few plugins that were 32 bit. I made them inactive or trashed them and it cleared things up.

It is steady here. One old fashioned way of solving plugin issues is:

1] Rename your plugin folder and take it out of the plugin path so that it is not being read.
2] Put half of the plugins back

3] If Cubase crashes then you know its in that half of the plugins

4] Take half away

5] In this manner you can narrow down the culprit if it is a plugin

Oh my God! Thanks! I dont think that Cubase 9 crashed again again and again! Big problem!
Calm Down. Cubase 9 is very stable relative to previous releases. Because one person reports an issue does not mean Cubase is to blame.

It is steady here. One old fashioned way of solving plugin issues is:

1] Rename your plugin folder and take it out of the plugin path so that it is not being read.
2] Put half of the plugins back

3] If Cubase crashes then you know its in that half of the plugins

4] Take half away

5] In this manner you can narrow down the culprit if it is a plugin
Yes I know how to deal with plugins that can cause instability, I decided yesterday to make a fresh install of Sierra and rebuild my mac.

Did the re-build help Stig? Cubase 9 crashes many times per day here (El Capitan, VE Pro hosting all plugins). Most of the time it crashes when I import midi or music xml. I'll try the introducing plugins half at a time thing, but I don't think it's that.

Yes it worked. I rebuild the whole system, and now I have to do it again, because I just bought a Mac Pro 6.1!
I was advise NOT to port the old (but fairly "fresh") system to another Mac Pro, so here we go again.

Top Bottom