1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Considering Appassionata Strings

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by Count_Fuzzball, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Count_Fuzzball

Count_Fuzzball Senior Member

May 23, 2017
    Could anyone list any pros/cons with Appassionata Strings or alternatives in a 350 euro price range?

I already have the Sonivox Strings and VSL's SE strings 1 and SE Strings 1 Plus, I'm wanting to add a larger, lusher sounding section of strings to my pallette

2. daviddln

daviddln New Member

Apr 14, 2018
    It's a great library. Very easy to use and it sounds great. The only con I can think of is that there is no legato patch for the basses.

3. Zoot_Rollo

Zoot_Rollo -

Jul 1, 2016
    i have a "lite" version of AS that came with VEP6 in its Epic Orchestra.

i like it.

Appassionata Strings Ensemble
    Violins, violas, cellos, basses
    Mapped as one ensemble spread out over the keyboard from basses to violins
    Articulations: Staccato, sustained, sforzato, tremolo, pizzicato

4. Tfis

Tfis Senior Member

Jan 13, 2016
    Whats about Hollywood Strings?

5. EgM

EgM Game music!

Nov 8, 2015
    NB, Canada
    I have the full Appasionata, they're awesome! One thing to keep in mind they're bone dry - I also have mirX Teldex which I set to about ~10 and then blend them with Valhalla Room. Even if you don't have mirX Teldex, just cut some mid range and place them in the mix and you can't go wrong. They're super playable, also the dyn patches are very handy!

And PLEASE, remember to map Velocity X-Fade to CC1... If I hear another person that says they don't sound good out of the box I'm gonna go crazy :P

Side note, Since this is a very LARGE ensemble, don't expect shorts to be in your face, we're talking 20 violins here :)

They are VERY lush, you just gotta have mixing skills.

upload_2018-7-11_22-25-36.png

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    ptram, Dewdman42 and Zoot_Rollo like this.