What's new

Configurations - a UX misconception?

samphony

A) does anyone know why new tracks get added to all configurations?

B) is the concept from an UX perspective that a user should go trough all configurations and remove new created tracks???

C) what do you do if you've created a template and set up many configurations like "Groups only" or "Trems only" or you name it and during a project you decide to duplicate a couple of tracks?

PS: I've asked the same question on the Steinberg forum.

C) what do you do if you've created a template and set up many configurations like "Groups only" or "Trems only" or you name it and during a project you decide to duplicate a couple of tracks?
Well, I hide the new tracks where needed, and update configurations.
If new tracks were not added to existing configurations, then that would mean they are hidden on ALL configurations by default. Which I think would be worse.

i disagree. new tracks should only appear on the current configuration which in my case is called all tracks or lets say i’m in the synths configuration and duplicate a track i only want to see that track in the current configuration.

i disagree. new tracks should only appear on the current configuration which in my case is called all tracks or lets say i’m in the synths configuration and duplicate a track i only want to see that track in the current configuration.
Sure, but I have 2 mix consoles open, each with their own mix configuration. Then I have my main project window open, also using its own configuration. So I'm looking at three different configurations when I create a track.... which one should it show in?

Sure, but I have 2 mix consoles open, each with their own mix configuration. Then I have my main project window open, also using its own configuration. So I'm looking at three different configurations when I create a track.... which one should it show in?
I was talking about the Project page configurations and tracks should show up in the current selected config only. To make it simple if you have 3 consoles open it should show up in the mixer window that has focus.

Top Bottom