What's new

Con Moto - Complete Bundle (sale through mid-April)

DeactivatedAcc

Deactivated Account
I wanted to post some information about a string library I've been building called Con Moto.

Active-Bowing
Con Moto features “active-bow” sustains which are “breathing,” non-static longs that move and evolve while simultaneously maintaining dynamic/timbre – via both performance and creative editing. They create a feeling of constant “re-phrasing,” musical restlessness, and emotive adjustment in the bowing. You can play with a tech demo of this concept by clicking https://performancesamples.com/activebowtechdemo/ (here).

Here's a short article I wrote on the 'active-bow sustain' approach used in Con Moto.

Legato Con Moto
The legato in Con Moto is recorded “in motion,” with musical movement and expressive vibrato.

Performance Attacks and Releases
Similarly to Oceania and Caspian, Con Moto’s attacks and releases are pulled from performance phrases, for better ensemble cohesion and playability/flexibility. Alongside this is the functionality to play both short and long notes naturally, purely based on note duration (like Oceania and Caspian).

The Hall
Con Moto is recorded in the same hall as Fluid Shorts and Caspian, and features four mic positions: close 1st chair, close section, decca, and wide.

Con Moto – Cellos: available
Con Moto – Violins A: available
Con Moto – Violins B: available
Con Moto – Violas: available
Con Moto – Basses: available
Con Moto - Complete Bundle: https://performancesamples.com/conmoto-completebundle (<b>available</b>)

91224292_2648758158703993_8473408096285229056_o.jpg

Last edited:
I'm following the Demos on Soundcloud for a while. Sounds beautiful! Looking forward for more informations (price, date, etc..)

Very nice ! I'm wondering, about how many hours did you spend recording the library?
I guess the editing and programming have been even longer, but I'm very curious...

Looking forward to its release.

Look forward to more information. I am sure it will be a very good library. I loved Oceania and Caspian.

Does this have samples recorded with and without vibrato? Will the amount of vibrato be adjustable?

What are the section sizes?

When is the rest of the ensemble going to be released?

Does the inherent delay mean a track compensation of 140 ms will keep the attack of the note on the beat?

Also, what does optimized for hard attacks mean?

Sounds very nice. What is the complete articulation list for this library? The demos sound very good. But in the last one, 'Variable Attacks/Playing Types' there are two slightly odd attacks at around 0:09 and 0:15. It almost sounds like a double attack.

Thank you everyone.

Very nice ! I'm wondering, about how many hours did you spend recording the library?
I guess the editing and programming have been even longer, but I'm very curious...

Looking forward to its release.

I recorded most of the library around the middle of 2017, though I did a follow-up session this year (there will be more on that coming up). Edits/programming can take a while as well, with the way the release samples are setup in this one and other aspects.

Does this have samples recorded with and without vibrato? Will the amount of vibrato be adjustable?

What are the section sizes?

When is the rest of the ensemble going to be released?

Does the inherent delay mean a track compensation of 140 ms will keep the attack of the note on the beat?

Also, what does optimized for hard attacks mean?

Dear axb312,

The libraries are recorded with vibrato only (non adjustable). The section sizes are 8-6-6-6 (violins/violas/cellos/basses). I have the other sections in production, but likely won’t have release dates until they’re through beta. As far as the delay, you’re absolutely right - the instrument is setup so that you can put your track delay at -140.1 ms, quantize, and the attacks and legatos will be on the beat. In this case, 'optimized for hard attacks' means that for shorter note-lengths, the hard attacks will be more responsive than the soft attacks, because the hard attacks don’t have a little crescendo like the soft attacks (the hard attacks + release samples are more on an equal playing field amplitude-wise). The hard attacks aren’t really marcato-hard, and are fairly general usage (the soft attacks were an afterthought in editing and mostly aimed at opening phrases and pad writing).

Sounds very nice. What is the complete articulation list for this library? The demos sound very good. But in the last one, 'Variable Attacks/Playing Types' there are two slightly odd attacks at around 0:09 and 0:15. It almost sounds like a double attack.

There's one patch per section (though things may be a bit different for one of the upcoming unreleased sections) - containing the active-bow sustains, the attack/rel stuff, and legato (KS on/off). You're hearing some of the tail from the room bleeding into the attack (more prominent on the farther mics), since it's pulled from performances in a particularly ambient room. In context it doesn't really bother me personally.

Last edited:
I recorded most of the library around the middle of 2017, though I did a follow-up session this year (there will be more on that coming up).

I'm guessing that means the library will be further polished with additional content? It plays really well though the legato doesn't sound so fluid or connected when repeating the same note in repetition. Hoping that is something that will be worked on. The tone is gorgeous though. The active bow is really great and I can see it saving a lot of time. Overall this is a wonderful Cello sample library. Thanks Jasper!

Hm, bit pricey for me i think, even at the intro, as that would be $400 for all the sections or $600 full price. It seems a lot for just legato/longs.

They sound great though but for people with fatter wallets than me!

Actually they state on the site that the different sections will be priced differently- that basses would be less than violins. But the entire set could be $350 or more on intro price. Which they mention will be cheaper than the bundle price. But the bundle price on sale during christmas 2019? It might be worth waiting for.

Considering how much I use their other instruments (besides Oceania, I really don’t get projects needing giant, epic choir) I will probably jump on this and hope for a “complete your bundle” down the line. Buying them at full price would seem a bit steep.

Actually they state on the site that the different sections will be priced differently- that basses would be less than violins. But the entire set could be $350 or more on intro price. Which they mention will be cheaper than the bundle price. But the bundle price on sale during christmas 2019? It might be worth waiting for.

Considering how much I use their other instruments (besides Oceania, I really don’t get projects needing giant, epic choir) I will probably jump on this and hope for a “complete your bundle” down the line. Buying them at full price would seem a bit steep.

Yeh, i think i may wait for the first sale on the bundle. Shame as i was looking forward to these, but that's what i get for being poor :(. If i am honest i thought $99 would be the full price of each section, not the intro price. wishful thinking it would seem!

I will still be interested on hearing on what those that buy it say as the demos do sound really lovely.

From the site:
"Con Moto – Cellos should be avoided if you are a Logic AU user and/or Vienna Ensemble PRO AU user.

At this point, there are no plans for a fix, as the elements appearing to cause issues (modulators, filters, etc) are critical for the functionality of the library."

I see. Well, it was fun following the development of this library for months. It sounds lovely, but I use Logic. Good luck!

But what does that really mean, that it’s fine as long as it’s VST and not AU?

Loving the demos! Its killing me I can't pick it up as I use logic. If AU support comes later ill pull the trigger ASAP

Top Bottom