Con Moto

Discussion in 'COMMERCIAL Announcements' started by Jasper Blunk, Apr 28, 2018.

1. WhiteNoiz

WhiteNoiz ';...;'

Jun 20, 2012
    Loved the sound and approach and couldn't resist the intro pricing, even if it's just legato sustains. Not quite sure what I'll do with it but hopefully this will motivate Jasper to produce more goodies. Waiting to see what will come next. Will try it in a bit.

Edit: Ok, played with it for a while. It's decent, it adds some nice movement and drama. A bit quirky to program, lag can be a bit problematic but workable. Could probably use a bit wider dynamics, you'll prob need a filter for very low dynamics and probably some EQ or volume ride for pretty high dynamics (mic volumes too). The releases seem to conflict with the attacks at some points for some reason. A fade to silence would be a nice addition. Can work solo for calmer pieces, for others it's probably better for layering (or at least with the rest of the sections). It's likely I'll complete the bundle, probably on some sale. Still curious for the next releases though; keep 'em coming.

Here's some messing around in some more examples (they're the longer notes; violins B only, in a few different settings):
    https://instaud.io/private/cf09e90788ebfc3d9c485223aceddf908695171d

https://instaud.io/private/b66a7858a2376c399d42d58a3118f1f32dbb2403

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  2. jaketanner

jaketanner Senior Member

Mar 21, 2017
    Easton, PA
    @Jasper Blunk , I think you mentioned in a another thread that the violas were next. Any ideas even if rough as to when? Need to make some decisions, and would like to wait if possible. Thanks!!!

3. ka00

ka00 Senior Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    Just thought I’d mention I tried Con Moto Violins B in Logic with Kontakt 5 running inside Komplete Kontrol (on a 2017 iMac) and I have had no CPU spike issues at all.

4. prodigalson

prodigalson Senior Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Now that folks have had the violins for a while and the last day of the intro price is tomorrow, whats the verdict? Any thoughts, pros, cons?

5. constaneum

constaneum Senior Member

can it really play fast lines ?

6. midiman

midiman Active Member

May 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    In my opinion there are no Cons. It is an amazing library. Jasper's libraries have a kind of musicality there I rarely find anywhere else. It is beautiful and raw. And the price is right. One amazing patch with low footprint, and amazing sound quality.

I only wish there was maybe a patch for slower/smother passages. This patch is vibrant and expressive. but it'be nice to have a a patch for tailored to softer passages. But that may be a future release.

7. midiman

midiman Active Member

May 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    yes it plays very well fast passages. It does that amazingly well. And it also plays very well slow passages. You just have to start the notes before the beat because of the delay of the legato.

I'd like to see a future release focused on more lyrical softer, slower passages. Perhaps a PP to MP patch.

ka00 likes this.
  8. constaneum

constaneum Senior Member

Care to share the demo of fast passages ? Thanks

9. midiman

midiman Active Member

May 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Constaneum, here is a quick passage I improvised live without putting any thought to it, as I am busy working on project. No editing whatsoever. No preparation. No processing, except for the master hall reverb. I think it does well on fast passages. It is not a library intended to play only runs per say, but it does "speak" pretty fast, and even runs kind of work. But the strength of the library is doing emotive and passionate passages that can feature quite fast notes. What do you think?

Con Moto Violins - Passionate passage featuring faster notes.
    https://picosong.com/wQtzJ/

ka00 and constaneum like this.
  10. constaneum

constaneum Senior Member

not bad overall but definitely not for runs. haha