What's new

Con Moto

Vik

Scandi Member
Sure, that was about the stuff that could be compensated with negative delay. I just don't think the negative aspect of using this with Logic necessarily can be summed up by saying that there's only minor hassle associated with using this lib with Logic, based on the warnings on their site. But I see that that maybe that wasn't you claimed either... I talked about clicks/pops/CPU spikes, you were maybe focusing on the negative track delay thing (which isn't Logic specific pf course).

midiman

Sure, that was about the stuff that could be compensated with negative delay. I just don't think the negative aspect of using this with Logic necessarily can be summed up by saying that there's only minor hassle associated with using this lib with Logic, based on the warnings on their site. But I see that that maybe that wasn't you claimed either... I talked about clicks/pops/CPU spikes, you were maybe focusing on the negative track delay thing (which isn't Logic specific pf course).
@Vik - Me and @NoamL were only referring to the delay on the legato transitions and how that allows for samples to have a higher quality legato transition realism. Like we've seen on such libraries as Cinematic Studio Strings. The Logic problems do not seem to be minor problems, and I did not refer to those at all, as I am not even on Logic myself. Again what NoamL and I were referring to is that we think the hassle of having to pull notes before the beat in order to have it all in sync up in tempo, is a minor one, given how much better and real the legato transitions sound.

ka00

I did not refer to those at all, as I am not even on Logic myself
You may already know this, but I recently discovered you can select the exact part of the text you want to quote, just by highlighting it with your cursor, and the forum pops up the word "Reply", which you can click. That way you can quote only the part of someone's message you are focussing on to avoid confusion. I, like Vik, wasn't so sure which part of Noam's post you were referring to.

Nyran

Just purchased and tested. Great library if you know what you are getting. I find it very easy to compensate for the delay while playing. I would have liked more detail on the close mics but I appreciate the dry sound you can get from it.

I would also like to point out that on my system I have absolutely no problems with Logic AU after some heavy testing with all the mics on.
I already own the fluid shorts and I will test them together tomorrow.
Let's hope for a low price on violins 2 violas and basses (I guess violins 1 will be the same)

Pedro Camacho

Fabulous library, programmed/edited by Jasper, the best guy in the business for orchestral sampling.

I say this with all my heart. Just like Tari, on ethnic libraries, I am yet to see someone with so much passion and drive for perfection as Jasper on orchestral sampling.
Both work solo on the editing and the endless tweaking and THAT makes a huge difference, imo.
I was blessed by Jasper's talent two years ago with the private SE library and a private 20 violins library I sampled just for myself. Nothing beats those, yet.
Having his talent for this price range is a must buy...

Last edited:

Nmargiotta

Composer TV and Advertisement
Just purchased and tested. Great library if you know what you are getting. I find it very easy to compensate for the delay while playing. I would have liked more detail on the close mics but I appreciate the dry sound you can get from it.

I would also like to point out that on my system I have absolutely no problems with Logic AU after some heavy testing with all the mics on.
I already own the fluid shorts and I will test them together tomorrow.
Let's hope for a low price on violins 2 violas and basses (I guess violins 1 will be the same)

I have been weary because of the disclaimer for Logic but I, like you, have been using fluid shorts for 6 months or so and have had very minor issues. Its nice to hear you went for it and it hasn't caused chaos on your end. I think I'm going to pick it up as well and go for it. There are always workarounds (bounce in place, track freeze, etc.) Id really like a library to room match with the FS because I use them all the time.

Keep us updated if things change on your end!

IvanP

Sounds great! What's the difference between Violins A and B?

Are we talking about Violins 1 and 2 or a different concept?

Reactions: Vik
OP
J

Jasper Blunk

Sounds great! What's the difference between Violins A and B?

Are we talking about Violins 1 and 2 or a different concept?
The original violins (Violins B) were recorded initially with the rest of the sections. Seating was divided between 1st & 2nd violin positions. Later on I wanted to do a re-record (Violins A), which was recorded in 1st violins position. The timbre between A & B is along similar lines, but there's some variation in the player selection between the two. I'd say Violins A is a bit more "upfront" sounding, and Violins B has a bit more dynamic range in the lower dynamic.

My aim at this point is to release Violins A after Violins B, Violas, and Basses. They can serve as a supplement and layer - or first violins if you want to divide things like that.

Here's a playlist that demonstrates the sound of Violins A.

X-Bassist

The original violins (Violins B) were recorded initially with the rest of the sections. Seating was divided between 1st & 2nd violin positions. Later on I wanted to do a re-record (Violins A), which was recorded in 1st violins position. The timbre between A & B is along similar lines, but there's some variation in the player selection between the two. I'd say Violins A is a bit more "upfront" sounding, and Violins B has a bit more dynamic range in the lower dynamic.

My aim at this point is to release Violins A after Violins B, Violas, and Basses. They can serve as a supplement and layer - or first violins if you want to divide things like that.

What a long strange trip it's been... so far. Thanks for the info! Looking forward to them. What is the status of my favorite section, the Violas?

Thank you for your innovative work. It's worth the wait when you're constantly raising the bar. :)

midiman

Bought it just minutes after being released. It is incredible. Low footprint - amazing quality. You feel the players. Matches perfectly the Con Moto Cellos. I look forward to the violas and Basses. And I hope very much there will be a "Solos of the Sea" Cello, and Viola! That would be wonderful. The Solos of the Sea Violin Solo is one of my favorite instruments.

jaketanner

jasper, is there more vibrato in Violins A? It sounds lovely, but I do not hear that same expression with the B...am I wrong?

jaketanner

I truly wish that there were other formas of legato. For a truly realistic performance, sometimes you also need some marcato, detache and arcs as well...I mean for a complete legato patch.

Top Bottom