What's new

Con Moto - Complete Bundle (sale through mid-April)

Now that folks have had the violins for a while and the last day of the intro price is tomorrow, whats the verdict? Any thoughts, pros, cons?

Now that folks have had the violins for a while and the last day of the intro price is tomorrow, whats the verdict? Any thoughts, pros, cons?

In my opinion there are no Cons. It is an amazing library. Jasper's libraries have a kind of musicality there I rarely find anywhere else. It is beautiful and raw. And the price is right. One amazing patch with low footprint, and amazing sound quality.

I only wish there was maybe a patch for slower/smother passages. This patch is vibrant and expressive. but it'be nice to have a a patch tailored to softer passages. But that may be a future release.

Last edited:
can it really play fast lines ?

yes it plays very well fast passages. It does that amazingly well. And it also plays very well slow passages. You just have to start the notes before the beat because of the delay of the legato.

I'd like to see a future release focused on more lyrical softer, slower passages. Perhaps a PP to MP patch.

yes it plays very well fast passages. It does that amazingly well. And it also plays very well slow passages. You just have to start the notes before the beat because of the delay of the legato.

I'd like to see a future release focused on more lyrical softer, slower passages. Perhaps a PP to MP patch.

Care to share the demo of fast passages ? Thanks

Care to share the demo of fast passages ? Thanks

Constaneum, here is a quick passage I improvised live without putting any thought to it, as I am busy working on project. No editing whatsoever. No preparation. No processing, except for the master hall reverb. I think it does well on fast passages. It is not a library intended to play only runs per say, but it does "speak" pretty fast, and even runs kind of work. But the strength of the library is doing emotive and passionate passages that can feature quite fast notes. What do you think?

Con Moto Violins - Passionate passage featuring faster notes.
https://picosong.com/wQtzJ/

Constaneum, here is a quick passage I improvised live without putting any thought to it, as I am busy working on project. No editing whatsoever. No preparation. No processing, except for the master hall reverb. I think it does well on fast passages. It is not a library intended to play only runs per say, but it does "speak" pretty fast, and even runs kind of work. But the strength of the library is doing emotive and passionate passages that can feature quite fast notes. What do you think?

Con Moto Violins - Passionate passage featuring faster notes.
https://picosong.com/wQtzJ/

not bad overall but definitely not for runs. haha

I’m waiting for them as well and to have the cellos go on sale so they’re a decent price. They seem to not understand people would buy them much more if they priced them reasonably for what they do.
Yep, the price is rather high. Better to sell way more at a lower price, than not sell a lot due to pricing it unreasonably.

Yep, the price is rather high. Better to sell way more at a lower price, than not sell a lot due to pricing it unreasonably.

Exactly my thoughts. Especially when there are tons of great options that offer far more. But what PS does, they do exceptionally well

Exactly my thoughts. Especially when there are tons of great options that offer far more. But what PS does, they do exceptionally well

I disagree about the pricing. I think the price is very reasonable. Especially considering that the quality or Performance Samples library is paralleled in many ways. And he always offers an intro pricing. I have complete trust and confidence that when I am buying a PS library it will get a lot of mileage. There are other string libraries out there that offer all ARTS, but in the end I use much more often PS than others. Then when I need other ARTS I go get them from other libs. I love the approach of PS. Create one Patch that is amazing at what it does, feels very musical and playable, and sounds amazing, still covering good ground with wonderful dynamics and musicality. I can't wait for the rest of the Con Moto Series.

I disagree about the pricing. I think the price is very reasonable. Especially considering that the quality or Performance Samples library is paralleled in many ways. And he always offers an intro pricing. I have complete trust and confidence that when I am buying a PS library it will get a lot of mileage. There are other string libraries out there that offer all ARTS, but in the end I use much more often PS than others. Then when I need other ARTS I go get them from other libs. I love the approach of PS. Create one Patch that is amazing at what it does, feels very musical and playable, and sounds amazing, still covering good ground with wonderful dynamics and musicality. I can't wait for the rest of the Con Moto Series.
Sorry but as far as pricing goes, it's way expensive compared to other strings. Soaring Strings is 129 bucks when on offer or $ 249 regularly, has all sections, and plays just as well and even has repetition legato. Objectively, it offers much more for less. Even with the intro pricing it seems the whole Con Moto set will easily cost $400 for only legato strings. That is overly expensive compared to other libraries, no matter how you cut it.

Sorry but as far as pricing goes, it's way expensive compared to other strings. Soaring Strings is 129 bucks when on offer or $ 249 regularly, has all sections, and plays just as well and even has repetition legato. Objectively, it offers much more for less. Even with the intro pricing it seems the whole Con Moto set will easily cost $400 for only legato strings. That is overly expensive compared to other libraries, no matter how you cut it.
It doesn't matter anyway because they are nowhere close to finishing the full ensemble. I was really interested in this library when it first started but it has taken so unbelievably long that I've just put it out of my mind.

You are entitled to your opinion, and I am to mine. IMO there is nobody else in the field making better legato string patches then PS. It is a boutique library. I think that $400 for unparalleled string samples is not expensive pricing. It is professional pricing.
When you get a box of many average tools it is cheaper then getting each of those tools separately, especially if you buy the best individual tools available.

Anyway, I respect your opinion, and your point is valid. But I think that the word expensive is usually understood as overpriced, which I truly don't think is the case with Performance Samples. I heard the same arguments regarding Afflatus Strings, and I also don't think Afflatus is overpriced. Because libraries cannot be compared by number of ARTS or number of Patches offered.

For me I think of the Mileage I will get out of a library. Sometimes I bought a string library that had 200 or more patches, and I rarely use any of it. So if I use a PS library every day, even though it has only one patch that really does not matter. PS libraries have real value cause they get used a whole lot, and they inspire me to write new music every day :)

BTW I have Soaring Strings and I like that library too. But it does not get used every day. Performance Samples con moto is the superior one IMO. But Soaring Strings at $129 is a catch for sure.

Well, it's better for the developer (and I am just throwing out #s here) to sell 2,000 copies @ $149 than to sell 4,000 copies @ $74.50.

Same money, less support.

Well, it's better for the developer (and I am just throwing out #s here) to sell 2,000 copies @ $149 than to sell 4,000 copies @ $74.50.

Same money, less support.
That would be a rather flawed example as the idea is not to make the same amount of money, but to sell a lot more at a lower price (there is something called the law of demand in economics). So there's, in my opinion, a good reason to doubt their revenue model, especially since competitors (even small other boutique ones) seem to be able to do more for less. As for support, seems like a non-issue to me unless the product is so crappy there's a huge need for it. PS products are not crappy.

And how many more copies do you think they would sell at half the price point? 4x? 5x? I submit to you that that's not going to happen, regardless of what the sales figures are at the higher price point.

And how many more copies do you think they would sell at half the price point? 4x? 5x? I submit to you that that's not going to happen, regardless of what the sales figures are at the higher price point.
That depends, I have no global figures of string library sales, neither do you. But I do know one thing, which is basic economics, and that is that a higher price will result in lower demand. And at this point, it is way overpriced compared to other offerings (399 for the complete CSS, for example). And there's a good reason the others are priced that way, few people are going to plonk down $149 for not more than a single legato patch, period. Oh and hey, I don't even care about the price myself. I'm a string library whore, I'd buy them regardless even if I think they're overpriced.

Last edited:
Top Bottom