What's new

Con Moto - Complete Bundle (sale through mid-April)

Just purchased and tested. Great library if you know what you are getting. I find it very easy to compensate for the delay while playing. I would have liked more detail on the close mics but I appreciate the dry sound you can get from it.

I would also like to point out that on my system I have absolutely no problems with Logic AU after some heavy testing with all the mics on.
I already own the fluid shorts and I will test them together tomorrow.
Let's hope for a low price on violins 2 violas and basses (I guess violins 1 will be the same)

Fabulous library, programmed/edited by Jasper, the best guy in the business for orchestral sampling.

I say this with all my heart. Just like Tari, on ethnic libraries, I am yet to see someone with so much passion and drive for perfection as Jasper on orchestral sampling.
Both work solo on the editing and the endless tweaking and THAT makes a huge difference, imo.
I was blessed by Jasper's talent two years ago with the private SE library and a private 20 violins library I sampled just for myself. Nothing beats those, yet.
Having his talent for this price range is a must buy...

Last edited:
Just purchased and tested. Great library if you know what you are getting. I find it very easy to compensate for the delay while playing. I would have liked more detail on the close mics but I appreciate the dry sound you can get from it.

I would also like to point out that on my system I have absolutely no problems with Logic AU after some heavy testing with all the mics on.
I already own the fluid shorts and I will test them together tomorrow.
Let's hope for a low price on violins 2 violas and basses (I guess violins 1 will be the same)

I have been weary because of the disclaimer for Logic but I, like you, have been using fluid shorts for 6 months or so and have had very minor issues. Its nice to hear you went for it and it hasn't caused chaos on your end. I think I'm going to pick it up as well and go for it. There are always workarounds (bounce in place, track freeze, etc.) Id really like a library to room match with the FS because I use them all the time.

Keep us updated if things change on your end!

Sounds great! What's the difference between Violins A and B?

Are we talking about Violins 1 and 2 or a different concept?

Reactions: Vik
Sounds great! What's the difference between Violins A and B?

Are we talking about Violins 1 and 2 or a different concept?

The original violins (Violins B) were recorded initially with the rest of the sections. Seating was divided between 1st & 2nd violin positions. Later on I wanted to do a re-record (Violins A), which was recorded in 1st violins position. The timbre between A & B is along similar lines, but there's some variation in the player selection between the two. I'd say Violins A is a bit more "upfront" sounding, and Violins B has a bit more dynamic range in the lower dynamic.

My aim at this point is to release Violins A after Violins B, Violas, and Basses. They can serve as a supplement and layer - or first violins if you want to divide things like that.

Here's a playlist that demonstrates the sound of Violins A.

The original violins (Violins B) were recorded initially with the rest of the sections. Seating was divided between 1st & 2nd violin positions. Later on I wanted to do a re-record (Violins A), which was recorded in 1st violins position. The timbre between A & B is along similar lines, but there's some variation in the player selection between the two. I'd say Violins A is a bit more "upfront" sounding, and Violins B has a bit more dynamic range in the lower dynamic.

My aim at this point is to release Violins A after Violins B, Violas, and Basses. They can serve as a supplement and layer - or first violins if you want to divide things like that.

What a long strange trip it's been... so far. Thanks for the info! Looking forward to them. What is the status of my favorite section, the Violas?

Thank you for your innovative work. It's worth the wait when you're constantly raising the bar. :)

Bought it just minutes after being released. It is incredible. Low footprint - amazing quality. You feel the players. Matches perfectly the Con Moto Cellos. I look forward to the violas and Basses. And I hope very much there will be a "Solos of the Sea" Cello, and Viola! That would be wonderful. The Solos of the Sea Violin Solo is one of my favorite instruments.

jasper, is there more vibrato in Violins A? It sounds lovely, but I do not hear that same expression with the B...am I wrong?

I truly wish that there were other formas of legato. For a truly realistic performance, sometimes you also need some marcato, detache and arcs as well...I mean for a complete legato patch.

Loved the sound and approach and couldn't resist the intro pricing, even if it's just legato sustains. Not quite sure what I'll do with it but hopefully this will motivate Jasper to produce more goodies. Waiting to see what will come next. Will try it in a bit.

Edit: Ok, played with it for a while. It's decent, it adds some nice movement and drama. A bit quirky to program, lag can be a bit problematic but workable. Could probably use a bit wider dynamics, you'll prob need a filter for very low dynamics and probably some EQ or volume ride for pretty high dynamics (mic volumes too). The releases seem to conflict with the attacks at some points for some reason. A fade to silence would be a nice addition. Can work solo for calmer pieces, for others it's probably better for layering (or at least with the rest of the sections). It's likely I'll complete the bundle, probably on some sale. Still curious for the next releases though; keep 'em coming.

Here's some messing around in some more examples (they're the longer notes; violins B only, in a few different settings):
https://instaud.io/private/cf09e90788ebfc3d9c485223aceddf908695171d

https://instaud.io/private/b66a7858a2376c399d42d58a3118f1f32dbb2403

Last edited:
@Jasper Blunk , I think you mentioned in a another thread that the violas were next. Any ideas even if rough as to when? Need to make some decisions, and would like to wait if possible. Thanks!!!

Top Bottom