What's new

Con Moto - Complete Bundle (sale through mid-April)

Just got them as well.

I think together with the violin B I have, and their free legacy violin, that can act as a VLN2, is a good combination. Eagerly awaiting their viola..and either they were listening to our complaints here for the flash sale, or they are getting ready to release the other strings.

How are you liking them so far? I know there used to be an issue with double bowing on certain notes, but I haven't heard any yet.

I think together with the violin B I have, and their free legacy violin, that can act as a VLN2, is a good combination. Eagerly awaiting their viola..and either they were listening to our complaints here for the flash sale, or they are getting ready to release the other strings.

How are you liking them so far? I know there used to be an issue with double bowing on certain notes, but I haven't heard any yet.
Tried these just for 15 mins or so, but it is excellent, very playable and the tone is just great and lively. Just as I expected. Haven't had any issues yet. I really want the violas.

@Jasper Blunk
Yes, would love an update about the violas ETA!

In the meantime I am enjoying angry brass 2, fluid shorts II, and the LA modern perc.
Thanks!
At the moment, can't do anything with the strings really until at least the violas. I can get ideas sure, but Jasper needs to give us at least the violas soon.

Sounds like you're doing trailer music?

At the moment, can't do anything with the strings really until at least the violas. I can get ideas sure, but Jasper needs to give us at least the violas soon.

Sounds like you're doing trailer music?
I hear what you are saying, but, I politely and respectfully disagree with your assessment.

I have been using non-stop the Con Moto Cellos and Violins B, and I am in love with them. Obviously I would love to have the violas too, but I use these two con moto ALL the time, and blend it with other libs to great effect. I recommend you try it out instead of waiting for the violas. PF is a small company and Jasper is a perfectionist. That is why it takes him time to release it. I am very happy he releases these strings as a one by one section, because the alternative of having to wait for the whole sections to be complete before releasing it all would mean I could not start to use them as I have been. String libraries in general blend well with other string libraries, so there is really no reason not to start using the Con Moto cellos and violins. Believe me, if you use these con moto to bring out more important lines, and use other libraries to create a base, you will be very happy with the result. Also the Solos of the sea violin is one of my all time favorite libraries - Period. I use it as a "concert master" for the violin section, and it brings wonderful bite and details and expression to the violin section. Can't wait for Solos of the Sea Cello, viola, etc!!!!!!

By the way, I am not doing Trailer music. I do full soundtracks for films, and the Con Moto has been on virtually every film I have scored since the Con Moto came out. They are so good, that they often are blended in even after I record the live orchestra for the film to give it some extra body and definition in certain lines that may not have been 100% to my satisfaction in the live recording.

Last edited:
I hear what you are saying, but, I politely and respectfully disagree with your assessment.

I have been using non-stop the Con Moto Cellos and Violins B, and I am in love with them. Obviously I would love to have the violas too, but I use these two con moto ALL the time, and blend it with other libs to great effect. I recommend you try it out instead of waiting for the violas. PF is a small company and Jasper is a perfectionist. That is why it takes him time to release it. I am very happy he releases these strings as a one by one section, because the alternative of having to wait for the whole sections to be complete before releasing it all would mean I could not start to use them as I have been. String libraries in general blend well with other string libraries, so there is really no reason not to start using the Con Moto cellos and violins. Believe me, if you use these con moto to bring out more important lines, and use other libraries to create a base, you will be very happy with the result. Also the Solos of the sea violin is one of my all time favorite libraries - Period. I use it as a "concert master" for the violin section, and it brings wonderful bite and details and expression to the violin section. Can't wait for Solos of the Sea Cello, viola, etc!!!!!!

By the way, I am not doing Trailer music. I do full soundtracks for films, and the Con Moto has been on virtually every film I have scored since the Con Moto came out. They are so good, that they often are blended in even after I record the live orchestra for the film to give it some extra body and definition in certain lines that may not have been 100% to my satisfaction in the live recording.
Funny you mention blending with other libraries, because I recently tried the con Moto violin with SStS divisi sections...sounded really nice...made the entire section much fuller...so I get what you're saying. I just like to have a complete section to work with most of the time. I also have the SOS violin to add in there. :)

Funny you mention blending with other libraries, because I recently tried the con Moto violin with SStS divisi sections...sounded really nice...made the entire section much fuller...so I get what you're saying. I just like to have a complete section to work with most of the time. I also have the SOS violin to add in there. :)

I was perfectly happy not having con moto ... until you wrote that.

Does anyone know if the logic issue refered to in this post got fixed, or if they still don't work very well. I would love to pick up the celli for a project I'm working on..Thanks

Loved the sound and approach and couldn't resist the intro pricing, even if it's just legato sustains. Not quite sure what I'll do with it but hopefully this will motivate Jasper to produce more goodies. Waiting to see what will come next. Will try it in a bit.

Edit: Ok, played with it for a while. It's decent, it adds some nice movement and drama. A bit quirky to program, lag can be a bit problematic but workable. Could probably use a bit wider dynamics, you'll prob need a filter for very low dynamics and probably some EQ or volume ride for pretty high dynamics (mic volumes too). The releases seem to conflict with the attacks at some points for some reason. A fade to silence would be a nice addition. Can work solo for calmer pieces, for others it's probably better for layering (or at least with the rest of the sections). It's likely I'll complete the bundle, probably on some sale. Still curious for the next releases though; keep 'em coming.

Here's some messing around in some more examples (they're the longer notes; violins B only, in a few different settings):
https://instaud.io/private/cf09e90788ebfc3d9c485223aceddf908695171d

https://instaud.io/private/b66a7858a2376c399d42d58a3118f1f32dbb2403
After a few months with Con Moto violins, how are you liking them? Care to post any more examples showing strengths and weaknesses?

"Con Moto - Violins A" is up next. Here are some examples.

I am hoping this will be out within a week? I'm holding off on finishing a project. Currently using violin B and the free sustain patch, but have a feeling violin A will be slightly better for this application.

I'm totally hot on mega symphony & choir. If this has the usual quality it is a must have without having heard it before.

Top Bottom