What's new

Computer Keyboards With N-Key Rollover / Anti-Ghosting

sleepy hollow

unconsciously incompetent
Can anyone recommend an affordable (or cheap) keyboard that allows me to press, let's say, up to 6 keys simultaneously?

I use the 'virtual keyboard' function in Cubase regularly and that simply does not work well with a standard run-of-the-mill keyboard. Also, my keyboard is literally falling apart, and I got lots of work to do.
I'm also in the market for a fancy high-end keyboard, but I won't buy one anytime soon, simply because I want to take my time and test some of these expensive thingies before spending a lot of money.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Can anyone recommend an affordable (or cheap) keyboard that allows me to press, let's say, up to 6 keys simultaneously?
I'm not sure what your definition of affordable or cheap is. It's perhaps different than mine. :)

I have a Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro S which is a tenkeyless keyboard (I like the extra realestate), although they also have a full sized version in the Pro L. I'm rather fond of this keyboard. I have the Cherry MX Brown and added aftermarket rubber o-rings because although I like the feel of mechanical keyboards, I'm not keen on the noise. The configurable RGB LEDs is a nice bonus -- I've been meaning to configure a profile for my DAW.

If you want nkro, you're almost certainly going to get a mechanical keyboard, as the non-mechanical keyboards with nkro are sparse. This automatically puts you into a higher price bracket. Also, if the mechanical noise bothers you as it does me, I think the Cherry MX Brown with added o-rings is about as good as you'll do.

Top Bottom