What's new

Compositions on Staffpad.

The orchester score is to big so I chose to only show the Strings.
Beside the strings there are woodwinds, solo horn, solo trumpet, harp and celeste.
Al Berlin instruments.
The original piece is a piano composition.... a different but beautiful mood.

Ole. Nicely done and very convincing. What are the second string parts? First chairs?

I posted the music video version in the original compositions area, but thought I'd share the StaffPad score version here. This is a tribute to the late, great Ennio Morricone produced in StaffPad. (Exception being the piano sounds performed using Piano in Blue).

It was realized as part of the Professional Composers Forum September contest. The topic was "Nostalgic Music" in the style on Morricone. If you are looking to exercise some writing/orchestrating chops on a monthly basis, you might check it out. This month's theme is "majestic music". Time to put some brass to work! Maybe an excuse to get Berlin brass?? :) Anyways, the link is here if you are interested. https://forum.professionalcomposers.com It would be great to see some new writers there.

My latest work! Most of them Spitfire Audio and Cinesamples libraries. Did the mixing and mastering in my beloved DAW Logic Pro.

Congrats David. Your story and music are delightful.
The solo flute sound worked quite well. Which library?
What was the interesting sounding tonal percussion around the same point?

The flute is from Spitfire Audio Symphonic Woodwinds.
The tonal percussion ... I guess you mean the part where the fairies start do their magical spells (around 03:00)? That is an anvil and a gankogui. Both from Spitfire Audio Percussion.

I printed the score out of StaffPad, so you all can have a look at it if you're interested -> https://bit.ly/2W6O6Y (https://bit.ly/2W6O6Yu)

You guys have all convinced me.... StaffPad in the New Year as a gift to myself!

Some excellent music here. I'm an 'old-school' pencil and paper trained composer/arranger, and I've dabbled with iOS Notion over the last few years. But, I've notated all my projects in Sibelius and now Dorico. StaffPad looks wonderful for sketching for sure, but you're all doing some big projects with it.

Am currently looking at some large score paper in front of me. That's the only thing I'd miss...being able to turn over score pages by hand and being able to review music very quickly or jump ahead to sketch in some ideas at point 'B' in the future.

How do you all find working with scores with over 10 instruments? Fast page scrolling in StaffPad?

Would a used Surface Pro 4 work nicely?

But, StaffPad is looking like a dream coming true for many. Amazing times.

Top Bottom