What's new

Compositions on Staffpad.

Inspired by Ole's cello piece, I wrote this sad (yet hopeful) piece using the Cinesamples' Tina Guo Acoustic Cello Legato library and Voxos Epic Virtual Choir library in StaffPad. My first time using both libraries and was pleased having some new colors to work with. Hope you enjoy.

This is clearly NOT my own work. I generally avoid mock-ups of others', but...

Spitfire all around, some BB and CB. Mostly CinePerc. I also used Antique Keys as a make-shift substitute for a necessary sound. The mp3 is straight from StaffPad. It's not an exact transcription, just quick-ear'd it while out of town. So it's far from perfect. Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this. I just wanted something to show SP in a familiar film context as I hadn't seen much yet.

Last edited:
Completed Orchestration Challenge Five for Scoreclub. Brass fanfare for presentation or ceremony. Composed in StaffPad with Berlin Brass addon and mixed in Pro Tools

Attachments

• Brass Fanfare Scoreclub Challenge No.5.pdf
    617.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Brass Fanfare Orchestral Project 8.24.2020.mp3
    3.4 MB · Views: 144
Last edited:
“Autumn” for Violin and Harp, a romantic composition.
I mixed and precessed the audio in Logic. Berlin harp Staffpad version is a bit dull and I wanted a more clear sound for this piece, so I added E.Q. and used Spaces reverb in Logic. Im sure if I have overdone the E.Q.

- the original Stafppad version:

- Logic version:

Last edited:
Thanks Ole. Just like 2020 has been so far.. I plan to launch into a Shostakovian development section except adhering to the tone row and its permutations that I wrote for this.
You think about the Corona....?
Will it be a composition meant for concert?

You think about the Corona....?
Will it be a composition meant for concert?
Ideally all of my finished work in StaffPad are intended for a live performance. I'm planning on not using a huge group for this. I don't think I can get away with just 2 horns however. I need a bit more brass power. Winds and strings will be paired down, but again, that could change if I want doubles (picc, engl horn, b.clar, c. bassoon). In fact, I wrote a c bsn part so I guess I need double winds... oh well.

The piece is/will be reflecting all of 2020. COVID, political and social dissonance. It's hard not to be affected by all these events since we are largely reconciled to working in isolation... at least I have been since April 1st.

Ideally all of my finished work in StaffPad are intended for a live performance. I'm planning on not using a huge group for this. I don't think I can get away with just 2 horns however. I need a bit more brass power. Winds and strings will be paired down, but again, that could change if I want doubles (picc, engl horn, b.clar, c. bassoon). In fact, I wrote a c bsn part so I guess I need double winds... oh well.

The piece is/will be reflecting all of 2020. COVID, political and social dissonance. It's hard not to be affected by all these events since we are largely reconciled to working in isolation... at least I have been since April 1st.
It will be interesting :)
Dont let go of the contra basson- lovely instrument.
How do you manage to get your music performed?

It will be interesting :)
Dont let go of the contra basson- lovely instrument.
How do you manage to get your music performed?
ha! I don't!! I've had the KW Symphony say they are going to perform my Musashi Suite for Orchestra the last 5 years and yet it never ends up on their programme....

but I still write with the idea any of these pieces could get performed at some point.

Top Bottom