What's new

Composing Technique

SimonPeter

Hey!
I'm kinda new around here and also into composing. I'm interested about some techniques and I want to know how to do such stuff!?

For example: In this advertisment video of PS4 at 1:26 to 1:31, how do you create such sounds?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... rspiN62M0#!

Are there special VSTs (I guess so)? If so, it still sounds quite complicated to create something similar!

If someone knows more, please let me know! :D

doctornine

Project Alpha from Hybrid Two will do that sort of thing quite nicely.

Go on, give Daniel James yr money, it's way worth it.

:mrgreen:

Casey Edwards

In this instance it sounds like it's a lot of compressed drums and a stutter effect on a synth. If you want to learn how to use tools to compress and stutter then you'll have to study synthesis and sound design and how to use plug ins/hardware to your liking.

Other than that, I suggest you actually study some techniques of composing, such as: Composing complimentary melodies, counter-ideas, developing material (Chords, Ostinatos, melody fragmentation, melody extension, etc..). Then you can get into some flourishes and dressing things up. Then maybe explore some polychordal and aleatoric sides to composing. There's a ton of great things to look into. Just my 2 cents.

OP
S

SimonPeter

Thank You! I will check that one out!
I wasn't into sound design yet! I might give it a try! :D

OP
S

SimonPeter

Thanks a lot! I will check that one out!
I wasn't into sound design yet! I might give it a try! :D

Top Bottom