What's new

Competition with Prizes from Samplemodeling, 8dio, Eastwest, VSL...and Lorne Balfe is a judge

jcuno

updated 12/1/2018: The submission period for this contest is now over. We will be announcing the winners on our facebook page shortly after December 14th 2018

Your friends at the Virtual Orchestration Facebook group are having their first composer midi only competition. In the process, we may have accidentally created the contest to end all orchestral midi contests...

Here are some highlights:
We have five, one-year Eastwest Cloud subscriptions for each of the finalists
$600 8dio voucher
Project Sam Bundle
Full Sample Modeling Brass collection
VSL Smart orchestra
Forzo Brass
Bohemian Cello
Joshua Bell Violin
Emotional Piano
CSS
OUTPUT and more

Update 11/19/2018:
We can officially announce that Lorne Balfe will pick the grand prize winner from the six finalists. Also - we've delayed the submission deadline to December 1st Midnight, end of the day on Saturday PST.

See the attached file for the full prize list.

To enter:
Join our facebook group, answer the security question, and read the pinned post.
I'm new to VI control so I can't post links :) That's actually a smart decision from your moderators.

Update: 11/27/2018 I can post links now! Hooray!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1475801049334232/

Go to facebook and search: Virtual Orchestration. You'll know if you've found the right group because the attached image is pinned at the top

2F03DA29-2242-435C-8339-8E9653FA1F64.jpeg

While you're at it, don't forget to check out the sound design competition in this forum from our friends at VIAP.
You might as well enter both and double your chances!

Happy composing!

-Jeff

Last edited:
Only three full weekends left to finish up your tracks and submit!

I don’t use Facebook. Can I still enter the competition?
The contest is technically for members, but we don’t have time to police and make sure the entries are submitted by members. So if you just want to email your entry, I suppose that’s fine. BUT- I do highly recommend making a Facebook account specifically for this contest so that you can stay up to date on all the announcements...like the celebrity judge we’ll be announcing tomorrow...

Cool! What's the format? Anything midi or strictly adhering to the orchestra?
all midi - no live instruments. If you make your own Kontakt or other sampler instruments, then it needs to be a product that's available to the public for free or purchase, no private libraries. It's definitely orchestral focused, but anything goes. BUT - keep in mind, one of the judging categories is "orchestral realism." So, an EDM only track wouldn't score well in that category...but if you added a great midi violin on top of that EDM, you could end up scoring very high... hope that helps and makes sense.

Your friends at the Virtual Orchestration Facebook group are having their first composer midi only competition. In the process, we may have accidentally created the contest to end all orchestral midi contests...

Here are some highlights:
We have five, one-year Eastwest Cloud subscriptions for each of the finalists
$600 8dio voucher
Project Sam Bundle
Full Sample Modeling Brass collection
VSL Smart orchestra
Forzo Brass
Bohemian Cello
Joshua Bell Violin
Emotional Piano
CSS
OUTPUT and more

Update 11/19/2018:
We can officially announce that Lorne Balfe will pick the grand prize winner from the six finalists. Also - we've delayed the submission deadline to December 1st 12 AM PST.

See the attached file for the full prize list.

To enter:
Join our facebook group, answer the security question, and read the pinned post.
I'm new to VI control so I can't post links :) That's actually a smart decision from your moderators.
Go to facebook and search: Virtual Orchestration. You'll know if you've found the right group because the attached image is pinned at the top

2F03DA29-2242-435C-8339-8E9653FA1F64.jpeg

While you're at it, don't forget to check out the sound design competition in this forum from our friends at VIAP.
You might as well enter both and double your chances!

Happy composing!

-Jeff[/QUOTE

Question:
What does Midi Only mean(Im from Germany)?
Only the midi piano sheet or the midi notes of each instruments
It means don’t record live instruments. Only virtual instruments. Export your finished track as you normal would as a WAV or MP3, upload to SoundCloud and send the link. Does that answer your question? We’re definitely not looking for midi data.

Reminder: Deadline for submissions is this Saturday. You have until the end of the day, on Saturday, December 1st before midnight Pacific time

Top Bottom