What's new

Comments on Sospiro Strings? Only 2 Days Left on Intro Price

Reid Rosefelt

aka Tiger the Frog
I'm a big Ben Osterhouse fan who spent too much money over the holidays. So I've been engaged in an internal debate about whether I should pick up "Sospiro Strings." I like it, but do I need it?

I've been watching the demos over and over. I've also been playing all my string libraries to see if I can get similar effects. And yeah I sort of can, but not really. There are nice arcs in 8dio stuff, but you can't alter the length the way you can in this ingenious library.

As time is quickly running out on the intro price, do any of you who have the library have any thoughts for me?

Thanks,

Tiger

@TigerTheFrog I've just seen these on DJ's Twitch stream today - they sound nice, especially the warm patch. Did you end up getting them and have you any thoughts/comparisons?

@TigerTheFrog I've just seen these on DJ's Twitch stream today

Got a link? After searching, I cant seem to find it. :/

I found a walkthrough vid:

But it has other instruments, and I cant hear just the strings. Beyond me why anyone would do that, but....

If You're looking for the product page of Sospiro, it's here. I think Ben is only selling it through Kontakthub :)

https://www.kontakthub.com/product/sospiro-strings-ben-osterhouse-kontakt/

Almost all of Ben’s stuff is this good, albeit you have to have a decent use case for some of it. The English Bass and Viola da Gamba are in this same tier of excellence imho.

I'm a bit late to the party here but I just got this and I quite like it. The bow changes on the swells sound a bit jarring and distracting to me, but I like the sustains very much. I don't think I'll ever use the "Full" sustains (bright as bloody hell) but the "Cold" and "Warm" sustains are both lovely.

I'm a bit late to the party here but I just got this and I quite like it. The bow changes on the swells sound a bit jarring and distracting to me, but I like the sustains very much. I don't think I'll ever use the "Full" sustains (bright as bloody hell) but the "Cold" and "Warm" sustains are both lovely.
Regarding the "Full" sustains, that may be your initial reaction based when playing it in isolation (like me), but wait till you're working on a string part in a mix. On more than one occasion, I've switched from 'warm' to full' instead of the adjusting the level, and it made all the difference.

Regarding the "Full" sustains, that may be your initial reaction based when playing it in isolation (like me), but wait till you're working on a string part in a mix. On more than one occasion, I've switched from 'warm' to full' instead of the adjusting the level, and it made all the difference.
Yeah, I'm new at this. I've been programming synths for like...20 years? And now I'm FINALLY getting into this orchestral stuff, so I know basically nothing about mixing and templates and mic placements and...well, you get the point. Long road ahead. :confused:

Yeah, I'm new at this. I've been programming synths for like...20 years? And now I'm FINALLY getting into this orchestral stuff, so I know basically nothing about mixing and templates and mic placements and...well, you get the point. Long road ahead. :confused:
Imagine encountering YOU here. A MASTER synth programmer. Your Bazille Equinox soundset is so fantastically excellent.... thanks for those patches! ❤️

Imagine encountering YOU here. A MASTER synth programmer. Your Bazille Equinox soundset is so fantastically excellent.... thanks for those patches! ❤️
When a buy i soundset i usually make an extra session where i record spontaneous ideas with the respective sounds. In that process i also tag my favorite patches.
With Equinox it would have been easier to tag the "non favorite" patches, since there are so many incredible sounds.
Since then, there has been an update (in both bazille and Equinox) which made it easier to colour-code the favorites (i like the color scheme of u-He's favorites. The colors make it much more easy for me to get an "emotional" classification of different sounds)
Funny thing: that initial "Equinox" session resulted in many different pieces of music. And in the meantime i instantly reach out for Equinox if i need a specific sound.
(The downside is that i still haven't bought Howard's Cookbook.)

HA Cookbook is great, but honestly the Bazille patching crown has to go to Sound Author. I was so pleasantly surprised to see an update in my mail, maybe just a day after U-he released v1.1. That is just terrific customer service. I always point people to the YT patch walkthrough video if they want to hear why Bazille is such a great sounding synthesizer.

Top Bottom