What's new

Coming: Spitfire Springtime Wish List Sale

Only needing Albions III & IV. Best to have Albions on WL and trust Cart will credit more than III & IV individually ?

Only needing Albions III & IV. Best to have Albions on WL and trust Cart will credit more than III & IV individually ?
They usually give an adjusted price on the bundle. But I heard some are not getting credit for II, because it was discontinued. I guess if it doesn't show up as discounted in the cart, send an email to customer service.

I would go for the bundle. When I bought SSO, I calculated it out and the bundle was less than the individual libraries with the higher discount.

Yeah, I'm eyeing the SSO CS Edition bundle because I never bought Spitfire Symphonic Brass; and I imagine it would blend pretty well with Spitfire Chamber Strings and Spitfire Symphonic Woodwinds, which I already have.

On the other hand, Modern Scoring Brass or Cinematic Studio Brass might make better additions to my setup. I think Cinematic Studio Brass would win for ease of use, while Modern Scoring Brass would provide the most options.

Hmm...

Best,

Geoff

Toss up between OACE and BDT for me. OACE has been on my list for a long time as the only Evo I have is Vral in Tundra. I'm loving the sounds in BDT so much though that I think this one will edge it.

That's if I get my codes of course. I never get sent them and have to contact support each time. They've sorted them out for me in the past so shouldn't be a problem.

I'm trying to decide between the Swarms Bundle, EDNA Earth, London Contemporary Strings or Albion IV Uist. Narrowed it down to those, after some thought. . if you can call that narrowing things down.

Thinking about adding Studio Strings Pro and HZ Strings and possibly the Swarms bundle but not sure how much use I would get out of the Swarms in reality.

I was originally planning on Chamber Strings but thinking Studio Strings would be more suitable for my needs (Pop, Singer/Songwriter, EDM and ambient instrumentals.

Would anyone who has been using Studio Strings for a while now care to share their thoughts/opinions?

I
Thinking about adding Studio Strings Pro and HZ Strings and possibly the Swarms bundle but not sure how much use I would get out of the Swarms in reality.

I was originally planning on Chamber Strings but thinking Studio Strings would be more suitable for my needs (Pop, Singer/Songwriter, EDM and ambient instrumentals.

Would anyone who has been using Studio Strings for a while now care to share their thoughts/opinions?
I have both and while Chamber Strings gets a lot more use due to the genre's I'm working in, I will reach for Studio Strings when I have those Pop-Singer/Songwriter type of projects you mentioned. Studio Strings are super close mic'd, tight and dry... which can come in very handy. When I first bought it, I have to admit it really took some getting used to since I had mostly been using Symphonic Strings and Chamber Strings and was used to the wetter, lusher sound. Studio Strings has a unique sound and approach.

I got SCS when it was 50% off, and have not regretted it! Very versatile, beautiful sounding strings, imo. And my needs are the same as yours. I do wonder: why would you need HZ strings?

Is it just me or is the sale announcement banner on the website gone? Can't find it anywhere.
I added the Studio Woodwinds and Brass to my wishlist before.

I made a quick loop if it helps. First part is Labs, second Grange (Chad kit) and third is EZ drummer Progressive (Ludwig kit)

Thanks for the demo! The Grange drums sound much roomier than the LABS, which sound very dry. I wonder if there's a way to reduce the room on the Grange....

Thanks for the demo! The Grange drums sound much roomier than the LABS, which sound very dry. I wonder if there's a way to reduce the room on the Grange....

Yeah definitely. I used the stock of all 3 to be fair. The Grange has loads of options and I think the one I used had tight and Mid mics.
You can load just the kit mics, so super dry. Then either bus them, or blend them with the included Stereo ones for "that sound". I think there's 4 of these.

Yeah definitely. I used the stock of all 3 to be fair. The Grange has loads of options and I think the one I used had tight and Mid mics.
You can load just the kit mics, so super dry. Then either bus them, or blend them with the included Stereo ones for "that sound". I think there's 4 of these.

Cool -- thank you!

Anybody have thoughts on the usefulness of the non-Pro Studio Orchestra, especially in a pop/rock/indie context? I'd really like an all-in-one (well, except perc) small orchestra all recorded in one space and don't need the extra instruments, but how much of a pain is only having the tree mic?

Just got an email from Spitfire Audio to confirm that:

1. the products need to be added to the Wish List before 5th May 23:59 BST (i.e British Summer Time)

2. to log in to your Wish List on 6th May to claim your discount

Top Bottom