Coming: Spitfire Springtime Wish List Sale

Discussion in 'DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!' started by Apostate, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Apostate

Apostate Member

Feb 7, 2018
    Woo-hoooo! Just nine days and a wake up ;)

Scroll down to see the hallowed banner...

https://www.spitfireaudio.com/labs/

I was told that the actual day to redeem our Wish Lists will probably be the 6th because Sunday is a bank holiday, so best to get our lists in order long before then.

From what I've gathered here, Spitfire stands to make a killing from all the people hot for their libraries (old and new).

So what do you have on your Wish List? I have Spitfire Studio Woodwinds Professional upgrade on there, and am debating a couple of others.

@Spitfire Team .

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    idematoa and reimerpdx like this.
  2. KallumS

KallumS Active Member

Jul 26, 2018
    Camden, London
    If I can save up a little bit of money I'm planning to get the whole Studio series (basic, not professional).

Alex Fraser, Banquet and Apostate like this.
  3. fiction

fiction Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Planning to get Percussion and Symphonic Woodwinds.
    Right now for a dedicated woodwind library I only have the SStWW pro and for percussion the Rhapsody Orchestral percussion which have a very upfront sound.
    What do you guys think about spitfire percussion after all this time? Listening to the demos I seem to like it a lot..

Apostate likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Apostate

Apostate Member

Feb 7, 2018
    I'd love to hear your thoughts on SStWW, please.

5. Morning Coffee

Morning Coffee Active Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Great Southern Land
    I've tried to buy (well, I actually did buy) the Albion bundle (crossgrade) a few times recently, but on every occassion I didn't get all the outstanding libraries in the bundle after the transaction was finished (technical issue apparently), so I asked for a refund each time. I've given up on it.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  6. idematoa

idematoa Active Member

7. thecomposer10

thecomposer10 Soundtrack Composer • Pianist

I have three bundles on my wishlist, of which I have all but one of the products in each, so I’m hoping to get a good deal on the last item I don’t have.

Scandi, Bohemian, and Starter, for Albion V, Bernard Hermann, and Albion ONE. I’m far and away most likely to do Albion V. The others are less “necessary” for what I need, I think. I’m excited!!

dzilizzi, idematoa and Apostate like this.
  8. MrLinssi

MrLinssi A glorified bedroom musician.

Oct 1, 2016
    Finland
    I could buy one from the symphony series...but HWO is serving me quite well, and I got Chamber strings last Christmas. I can resist the GAS and I'm rather proud of myself.

dzilizzi, jneebz and Apostate like this.
  9. OP
    OP
    Apostate

Apostate Member

Feb 7, 2018
    Dude, could I be you?

10. D Halgren

D Halgren Senior Member

May 6, 2017
    Portland, OR
    Can you explain?

11. Morning Coffee

Morning Coffee Active Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Great Southern Land
    As far as I understand, since Albion 2 Loegria was removed from the bundle, there have been issues with the checkout price cart, where it miscalculates what Albion libraries the customer already has, but they are working on it.

D Halgren likes this.
  12. D Halgren

D Halgren Senior Member

May 6, 2017
    Portland, OR
    Thanks for the clarification.

13. StillLife

StillLife Senior Member

Mar 18, 2017
    Contemplating the studio brass. Will the pro version be worth it?
    Or maybe I should go symphonic brass, since I already have and use scs and oace (both with the hall) in my music.
    Or maybe... nothing?

14. MrLinssi

MrLinssi A glorified bedroom musician.

Oct 1, 2016
    Finland
    Quite easily, start another expensive hobby (photography for me) and be a student. You'll find yourself approaching every purchase with extreme caution.

15. Olivier1024

Olivier1024 Member

Mar 21, 2018
    Spitfire Percussion content if very good but it is too wet, if I could I would sell my licence to you.
    Rhapsody Orchestral percussion sounds not so bad to me because it's dry, but content is limited.
    I would like Spitfire percussion more dry. It would be perfect for me.
    VSL Synchron Percussion is a good balance (but I do not like the Steinberg/VSL USB key) and sounded very good.

Our tastes are different, so If you think Spitfire Percussion is for you, go with it. The content is wide.

fiction likes this.
  16. Banquet

Banquet Member

Apr 4, 2019
    Norfolk, England
    I was going to get the Spitfire Studio Orchestra (core) bundle, but after hearing many a YouTube demo, I thought Studio Strings sounded a little cold and really liked the sounds from Cinematic Strings 2, which put me more in mind of a James Horner soundtrack. So last week I got CS2 and love it. I'm still aiming to get Spitfire Brass and Woodwinds (core) in the sale and hope they go well with CS2!

17. miket

miket Team Dany

May 17, 2016
    New York
    When LCO Textures was released, I decided not to bite. It got me thinking, and started me on a "straight orchestral VI's only" odyssey. I swore off ensemble libraries, EVO grids, anything and everything like that. I was certain that I had figured it all out, and would proceed forward with utter confidence in my finally clarified compositional aims.

I think LCO Textures will be the first addition to my wish list.

18. jbuhler

jbuhler Senior Member

Jun 19, 2016
    US
    These textural libraries are certainly fun and inspiring. Often they offer the clarity of a dice roll. (Almost literally in the case of the randomize function of the Evo Grids.)

Wally Garten and dzilizzi like this.
  19. StillLife

StillLife Senior Member

Mar 18, 2017
    I really like the LABS drums for their inspirational sounds, so now I am wondering: will The Grange be something for me? Anyone here has it? Will it add to SD3? How useful are the thousands of loops it has?

Wally Garten likes this.
  20. James H

James H 01001000 01101001

Dec 20, 2018
    UK
    I've not used the loops. They are good though, just not had any use for them.

I made a quick loop if it helps. First part is Labs, second Grange (Chad kit) and third is EZ drummer Progressive (Ludwig kit)

Wally Garten and rudi like this.