What's new

Out Now: Nucleus - The Orchestral Core (MusicTech Excellence Award 10/10)

Sounds great, but ... is it soundcloud that I'm missing a little "warmth"?
seams too much processing (and high freq) in demo tracks (something like heavy L316)
btw very nice cello
The new specs look promising.
String and Brass sections seem to be a subset of Jaeger.
The other half looks like an expansion of Jaeger: Pizzicato for Strings, the complete Woodwind section, all Soloists as well as the choir and the tonal percussion.
I wonder how this will integrate with Jaeger when this is a Kontakt Player library, while Jaeger is not.

on the other hand Jaeger have bartok and col legno.....

Is this suppose to be an upgrade to jagger or the other way round? If I get this do I need jaeger?

Ah okay, so it does build on Jaeger. I for one am looking forward to it and I hope the crossgrade price is fair, no sense in paying for the same samples twice.
I don't get my hopes up too much. The crossgrade from Decimator to Cerberus was a little bit insulting, especially considering Decimator got discontinued and, as I see it, got pretty much replaced for Cerberus. Also I dont think this should be a timely limited offer. Anyway, I own Jaeger and even tho it's a little bit pricey I think it's awesome. Especially the Merethe vocal library is awesome as f*ck. Would definitely love to see more vocal libaries from Audio Imperia. I'm intrigued by Nucleus, but so far I'm a little bit confused how exactly this is related to Jaeger and does complement it.

Specs added :)

This looks great, especially for those that don't have Jaeger or Talos Series. I think I'm only going to mirror others comments. As I already have Jaeger and Talos (both horns and low), so I'm wondering is the Low Brass Ensemble from Talos too? :)

Last edited:
Added pricing and release info!

The library also includes a number of pre-orchestrated patches to make it even more plug and play ready. These are additional patches so you also have each of them as separate section patches, of course.

Ensembles Final.png

So it seems that Brass, Percussion and Strings are same as Jaegar (at least on paper), with new addition of Choir instead of Merethe vocals and some totally new Woods

Presale price looks very tempting too, what is the difference between this and Jaegar as this new lib even at full price is still going to be cheaper than Jaegar so what's the catch ? Is there less RR's, Velocity layers and mic positions ?

So it seems that Brass, Percussion and Strings are same as Jaegar (at least on paper), with new addition of Choir instead of Merethe vocals and some totally new Woods

Presale price looks very tempting too, what is the difference between this and Jaegar as this new lib even at full price is still going to be cheaper than Jaegar so what's the catch ? Is there less RR's, Velocity layers and mic positions ?

Good questions! :) Yes, we did trim the amount of RRs and mic positions to keep it at a reasonable footprint (at around 20GB).

Nucleus is an essentials library made for Kontakt Player, so it comes with two different sounding Mix Mic positions (Classic & Modern). The main focus is to be an incredible starter library for beginners, that provides them with a full cinematic orchestra and allows to achieve gratifying results with minimal tweaking. That being said, it is still a well worthy addition for the more experienced user!

Content-wise, we did quite a few new recording sessions to really make this a complete product. This newly recorded material includes additional Strings (Pizzicato, Soloists), all-new Woodwinds, additional Brass (Soloists), a significant amount of new Percussion (Timpani, Xylophone, Marimba, Glockenspiel), an all-new choir, and then we also added all-new sound design just to round it off.

Last edited:
Hi there, can't seem to find any information anywhere, just wondering if you do student discount and if it will be available on Nucleus?

Good questions! :) Yes, we did trim the amount of RRs and mic positions to keep it at a reasonable footprint (at around 20GB).

Nucleus is an essentials library made for Kontakt Player, so it comes with two different sounding Mix Mic positions (Classic & Modern). The main focus is to be an incredible starter library for beginners, that provides them with a full cinematic orchestra and allows to achieve gratifying results with minimal tweaking. That being said, it is still a well worthy addition for the more experienced user!

Content-wise, we did quite a few new recording sessions to really make this a complete product. This newly recorded material includes additional Strings (Pizzicato, Soloists), all-new Woodwinds, additional Brass (Soloists), a significant amount of new Percussion (Timpani, Xylophone, Marimba, Glockenspiel), an all-new choir, and then we also added all-new sound design just to round it off.

Thanks for the reply, will there be expansions in the future we can buy to bring the RR's & Mics up to Jaegar size or will there be an upgrade path to go from Nucleus to Jaegar the way you're offering an upgrade price for current owners of Jaegar to get Nucleus ?

Just trying to get a full picture before the presale comes as Jaegar was on my wishlist so this new library has kind of thrown it up in the air for which makes more sense buying

Top Bottom