1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Collaborative member template?

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by cola2410, Sep 10, 2017.

1. cola2410

cola2410 Active Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Hi everyone,

just an idea - I've spent so much time to balance my template trying to marry different vendors so I'm ready to pay for it.

Meanwhile, what do you think if we the members can collaboratively create a template with most of the libraries we use now? I can also offer partial funding for it through Paypal.

2. ctsai89

ctsai89 Poem of Ecstasy

Oct 4, 2016
    I support this actually

3. OP
    OP
    cola2410

cola2410 Active Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Missing libraries is not a problem as you can always delete the tracks. I also suggest we can do both Cubase and Logic with most commonly used effects as well. I've seen a couple of templates where people separate orchestral and hybrid/synth stuff and it's a good idea as well.

My usual suspects:
    NI
    OrchestralTools
    SpitfireAudio
    ProjectSAM
    FluffyAudio
    Auddict
    StringAudio
    Soundiron
    8dio
    Strezov
    Spectrasonics

add yours?

4. ctsai89

ctsai89 Poem of Ecstasy

Oct 4, 2016
    There are plenty more but personally I would be able to help in balancing chris hein brass into spitfire orchestra in a template

Lass and CSS, cinebrass pro, Hollywood brass, sample modeling woodwinds should definitely be amongst this list

5. ctsai89

ctsai89 Poem of Ecstasy

Oct 4, 2016
    And in terms of plug ins probably just an EQ would do (reverb like space designer as well) the rest of it would be focused on mixing volume levels. Mic positions are also important and there should be a version where all libraries are only using tree mic or imitating it if it's dry.

6. OP
    OP
    cola2410

cola2410 Active Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Thanks that's exactly what I'm suggesting! There are many topics about how different libraries behave in a common template so instead of just discussing we all can actually try and fix it once and forever. There is another advantage - people aware of bugs in some libraries can contribute just providing tweaks like +2/-2 or fixng weird volume levels.

Seriously I'm ready to start donating if people are interested to contribute. Maybe we could speak to Mike as well to establish a common group and fund for it?

7. jamieboo

jamieboo Senior Member

Jul 11, 2015
    I'm having trouble simply balancing Hollywood Orchestra with itself! So something like this would be useful.

8. OP
    OP
    cola2410

cola2410 Active Member

Feb 5, 2017
    OK, after some research I may have identified the big three in the need of balancing first place - SSO, Berlin, HO. VSL with VePro is just another animal and I'm trying to keep it one machine first. I'm slightly concerned about HO as well as it runs Play 5 instead of Kontakt and the levels or somth else may not be appropriate when adding them. The good thing is we can also try unify CC controls for different libraries, for instance sync SF UACC with Capsule settings.