What's new

Coda (Dark Phoenix cover)

Mr. Zimmer did a wonderful job on Dark Phoenix and I couldn't resist the urge to make a short and humble cover version of the tune called Coda. Hope you guys enjoy it!

Bartholomeus

I don't know the original to be honest. Your version sounds good, but for my taste the mix could do with a bit more highs / presence. In the beginning before percussion in particular, I felt it was slightly muffled sounding.
Good job on keeping it subtle with the dynamics. I feel that I sometimes use too much high velocity parts (in terms of midi notes).

OP
Celestial Aeon
Thank you for your feedback! Good point! I definitely think I have to work on the overall mix and balance, it's something that doesn't happen "by accident" but requires more analytical take and time to work out.

Bartholomeus

I suppose muffled was too strong a word. What I meant is it's good but it could be more crisp, if that makes sense.

OP
Celestial Aeon
Yeah definitely! I think it's mostly because of the minimalistic instrumentation and using Una Corda with really low volume. It is really muffled piano to begin with, especially when played with soft strikes.

Top Bottom