What's new

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Film Sounds

Edit: I've received several PM's and no longer need additional composers. Thank you!

The original post:

If you would be interested in writing a track in exchange for a free sample library, please PM me an example of something you've written and your email address.

Kontakt Full required
Hybrid-writing wanted, among other styles
Demos needed as soon as possible for a website and company launch.

Thanks!

EDIT: Due to this potentially involving a different developer and due to being in an alpha stage in releasing my first library, I kept certain details off this initial post. I've included more information below for anyone interested in why.

Last edited:
What happens with the tracks that are sent to you? How will they be used? What are the specifics of the deal? Who will hold the rights to the tracks, and for how long? Who is the publisher? Will the usage generate royalties, and who will receive them?

I am not saying this is a scam, but to everyone considering this offer: be very careful. A new member asking to give him/her your tracks for a 'free sample library'? Without providing any info whatsoever? This looks very unprofessional to say the least. With the recent troubles in the sales subforum (fraudsters were selling libraries that had been bought with stolen credit card info) I'd be extremely careful.

Again, I'm not saying that this is a scam. But it very well could be. So I'm writing this as a heads up. Don't give your tracks away for peanuts. Don't give your tracks away without knowing all the details, nor without a contract. When in doubt, decline.

Happy music making everyone.

That library could very well be 50 terrible farty braahms. Wonder who would be interested based on almost nothing from someone nobody has heard of before.

A new member asking to give him/her your tracks for a 'free sample library'? Without providing any info whatsoever? This looks very unprofessional to say the least.

I've responded to nearly all PMs at this point giving them my site info which has my name and bio on it. I don't mind being open, just not "out in the open" temporarily while some things are still being figured out. I can't share every detail, but I'll explain why where I can't and hopefully I can clarify your concerns.

1) The Library: This library was built for Kontakt, but ultimately will hopefully be placed in an in-app store which involves another company. They've yet to preview and approve the library for their app, so I've tried to keep quiet about it to avoid misleading marketing. I explained this to those who PM'd me in a lot more detail. I really can't say more until I hear more from the other developer.

2) My website: I'm still very much in an alpha stage. Making sure my store works, coupons work, etc. It's a process. I feel it's important not to spread the website url a ton right now as I don't want to invite 100 people to check out a site that isn't ready, only for them to dismiss it in the future. I'm not sure if that entirely makes sense, but it's been my reason behind not being super descriptive yet. In a week or so, I'll have my site url on my vi-control profile and this shouldn't be an issue. Sorry for the confusion here.

3) License info: I've been sent film offers that weren't legitimate, so I appreciate this concern. As for the trade for samples for a demo track, I'm simply asking people for a demo to put on my site. I'll happily oblige any requests and concerns anyone has over usage, rights, etc. I'm a jeans & t-shirt business man who despises suit-thinking and lawsuits. Composers own their tracks and give me permission to use the track and share it to demonstrate my product in exchange for them getting a copy of the sounds. I'd prefer that to be indefinitely, but I can be flexible if there's a concern here. There will be no financial exchange, royalty, etc. It's very simply a trade offer for anyone who'd be willing to write a piece in exchange for some free sounds from my startup company.

I hope that helps.

That library could very well be 50 terrible farty braahms.

I already have that one.

They said it would be a game changer.

14 mic positions and 6 different flautandos.

Recorded on, at, or pehaps even through the edge of silence in a hall that really doesn't at all put the kibosh on any chance of choosing my own reverb.

But the legato was terrible.

Such a disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom