Clicking a thread for the first time goes to last page and post...

SBK

When opening a thread for the first time. I think its not good to be at the last page and last post. this makes no sense. And it makes you lost. If it could be adressed so you see a thread from the start would be better. I understand this idea, but the most logical is to go on first page 1st post.

Jdiggity1

Does this happen with every thread for you? It has never happened for me and I can't seem to reproduce it. The only time I am not taken to the first post of a thread is if I have already read some of the posts, it remembers where I was up to.
If you follow a link from somebody else, it is likely that it will have a post number on the end of it.

OP
SBK

SBK

Does this happen with every thread for you? It has never happened for me and I can't seem to reproduce it. The only time I am not taken to the first post of a thread is if I have already read some of the posts, it remembers where I was up to.
If you follow a link from somebody else, it is likely that it will have a post number on the end of it.
yes every time in new threads. works the same as the threads you 've visited

James H

01001000 01101001
Mine works ok

If I click a new topic title I go to the start (or where I left off)
But clicking a new topic on the "Today at 7:05 PM" takes me to the end... maybe that's it?

wst3

my office these days
If I am in the "Latest Posts" display then it takes me to the most recent post that I have not yet read. If I am in the forums then it takes me to the first post. Can you maybe share more details?

OP
SBK

SBK

When I click on the homepage (with the banners) I go to last page and last post. And I noticed if I am in the forum, while I haven't read anything from some threads, when I click them it takes me to 2nd page middle, while the thread has more pages to it

Jdiggity1

When I click on the homepage (with the banners) I go to last page and last post. And I noticed if I am in the forum, while I haven't read anything from some threads, when I click them it takes me to 2nd page middle, while the thread has more pages to it
If you are a guest (not logged in), you are taken to the last post of a thread. I don't know why that is, but there's no obvious way to change it. We'll look into it further.
The Portal Page (page with the banners down the middle) is a separate page that does not use the forum software and so it does not know who is logged in or not, and thus treats you like a guest and takes you to the last post in the thread. Navigating from within the forum (vi-control.net/community) should only take you to the last unread post.
I can't really explain the behavior you describe in the 2nd half of your post, as I don't think anybody else experiences that, unless following an external link shared by somebody else.

Diablo3

I am there, see "This is London Calling" thread, click on it, and I get sent to page 36, out of 38 right now. That's just an example.

Then I see this thread
Omnisphere GaiKaiju by The Unfinished

and I click on it, it sends to me first post, nice.

OP
SBK

SBK

Maybe this is something that has to do with bigger resolution screens?