What's new

Cirrus Departs (Albion II)

markleake

Recovering sale addict
Given Spitfire tells us Albion II Loegria is on it's last legs (maybe), I thought I'd put something together that shows off the library.

This is Loegria's high & low string section legatos (mostly as 1/2 sections), the wonderful ensemble sordino strings, and a touch of the horn/euphonium. Non-Loegria parts are solo violin, harp, flute, plus a bit of help from a cello section from a Spitfire stablemate. Some reverb added.

I always love feedback... I'm still very much learning.

whiskers

Perpetual student
impressive texture and detail, i need to take more of a look at this lib. Might try to bring the violin in front of the mix a bit.

OP
markleake

markleake

Recovering sale addict
Thanks all for the likes and feedback. Wow... I didn't expect so many likes!

Violin is Cinematic Studio Solo Strings. I use the 2nd violin for stuff like this, I think the tone is better. There's a fair bit of Spaces and Valhalla Room on it, that's it.

Yes, agree it could be louder. I wanted to give Albion II a bit of a workout, so I didn't want to push the violin line too much. It already hides the Albion high legato lines a little. Overall I don't think it's too buried, it's still prominent enough to be heard easily, including when the track is played softly. It's more just sat with the rest of the orchestra as a first chair.

OP
markleake

markleake

Recovering sale addict
impressive texture and detail, i need to take more of a look at this lib. Might try to bring the violin in front of the mix a bit.
The parts that contribute most to texture are from Albion II, these are mostly modwheel swells from the sordinos and some tremelos also.

If you want good sounding sordinos, flautandos and the like, I'd say Loegria would be up there with the best of the libraries out there.

Mannix

Given Spitfire tells us Albion II Loegria is on it's last legs (maybe), I thought I'd put something together that shows off the library.

This is Loegria's high & low string section legatos (mostly as 1/2 sections), the wonderful ensemble sordino strings, and a touch of the horn/euphonium. Non-Loegria parts are solo violin, harp, flute, plus a bit of help from a cello section from a Spitfire stablemate. Some reverb added.

I always love feedback... I'm still very much learning.
gorgeous, you have inspired me to check out my newly acquired Albion II, thanks!

Top Bottom