What's new

Circus of the Mind - live accordion, clarinet, with virtual instruments

Dear Villain

Hi all,

I'm so excited to share a project which was seven years in the making: Circus of the Mind. I wrote some music for my accordion and clarinet duo, Acclarion, to perform alongside a string quartet, a piano trio, and a guitar and marimba duo. Now, with funding from the Canada Council for the Arts, we were able to bring the project full-circle, with a complete multimedia show that will debut on Friday at https://www.youtube.com/acclarion

The program features our live accordion and clarinet performances alongside virtual instruments (VSL for most of the strings, classical guitar, and marimba, Embertone's Joshua Bell violin, and Pianoteq's Steinway)

For now, if you're interested, here's the trailer:

Musically curious VI members, I hope you'll check it out. Thanks so much!

Dave

Hey Dave,

inspiring and very creative! The Trailer was really funny and a great idea this is and so well performed (the real video!).

Respect and thanks for sharing this virtuoso multimedia live show!

Hey Dave,

inspiring and very creative! The Trailer was really funny and a great idea this is and so well performed (the real video!).

Respect and thanks for sharing this virtuoso multimedia live show!

Thanks so much for the kind words, Thomas! You are among the brave and the few that would entertain this "less than mainstream" concert :)

Cheers!
Dave

So much is going on here! Thank you both and greetings to your wife.

As I thought for some parts too many notes for my primitive heart... this went away when I listened to the Oasis part - really wonderful, I don't mind some Kitsch / simple melodies (don't brand it as something bad) sometimes when it is good, has celtic touches and great adventurous shimmering all the time.

PS.
Don't get me wrong please. All parts are really great!

Thanks again for sharing this great, absolutely high levelled creative work and performance

"It's different, but it's good."

Whoo-boy. It's weird, but I'm a fan. What a beautiful clarinet tone.

Yayyyyyyy. I love this place, and really appreciate the gold I find on the ground.

Great work, you guys!

PS.
Don't get me wrong please. All parts are really great!

Thanks again for sharing this great, absolutely high levelled creative work and performance

Thanks again, Thomas, for such a positive, encouraging review. We're both glad you enjoyed it and took the time to comment.

All the best,
Dave

"It's different, but it's good."

Whoo-boy. It's weird, but I'm a fan. What a beautiful clarinet tone.

Yayyyyyyy. I love this place, and really appreciate the gold I find on the ground.

Great work, you guys!

Thanks, Stringtree. You made Rebecca's day complimenting her clarinet tone :)

Tbh, I didn't expect a single comment, so having reached two VI members is quite the pleasant surprise!

Take care,
Dave

Top Bottom