What's new

CineWinds Core vs. Symphonic Woodwinds

8dio is also going to release what I'm guessing is the Century WW as they hinted that today. Won't be within a month though...but that's another reason to get the Claire library...bet they'd work perfect together.
Where did they hint that they were going to release Century WW?

Where did they hint that they were going to release Century WW?

I am guessing it’s going to be century woodwinds because that’s what makes sense. But speaking to their support today they hinted they were coming out with ensemble woodwind library. As I was inquiring about their solo library they mentioned it.

I am guessing it’s going to be century woodwinds because that’s what makes sense. But speaking to their support today they hinted they were coming out with ensemble woodwind library. As I was inquiring about their solo library they mentioned it.
Interesting! I've been enjoying their Claire series for some years now,
so it would be lovely to see a more comprehensive set of woodwinds from 8Dio!

Interesting! I've been enjoying their Claire series for some years now,
so it would be lovely to see a more comprehensive set of woodwinds from 8Dio!

Exactly. I’m getting Century brass and the Claire over the next day or so. So will be great

I can get 8dio's Claire wind bundle for $299...then I am sure SF studio winds will be cheaper

Lots to love about both Claire and Spitfire winds. But they do such fundamentally different things I don't know that price is the criterion to be decide on.

Wouldn’t you know it… And just this morning I ended up getting the Claire bundle

I much prefer the sound of Claire to the new SF demos. If 8Dio does come out with the ensemble woods they seemed to be hinting about to you, it might be in your favor that you picked those up. I've been getting good mileage out of Claire by using another instance using the second chair option to double things for ensemble though.

I purchased Cinebrass bundle a few weeks ago and am so blown away by the sound that I'm still considering Cinewinds. I pulled up a track from Force Awakens and played along with it with Cinebrass. Amazingly the tones, dynamics, and seating positions with the Dennis Sands mix were almost identical. Wonder if Cinewinds or Cinestrings are that close...

I much prefer the sound of Claire to the new SF demos. If 8Dio does come out with the ensemble woods they seemed to be hinting about to you, it might be in your favor that you picked those up

I love at least some of the Claire for very up front lyrical phrase. This is when their brightness, the lyrical arcs, and the overall approach really shines.

I don't love them so much when I'm trying to get them to blend in a mix, or to sound "symphonic" as opposed to in your face virtuosic lyrical. It's like having a musician who only likes the lyrical bits where he's the centre of attention, but can't be bother practicing playing straightward lines in a wind section.

Not a criticism at all. For the kind of lyrical moment they excel at, they're completely unbeatable.

I much prefer the sound of Claire to the new SF demos. If 8Dio does come out with the ensemble woods they seemed to be hinting about to you, it might be in your favor that you picked those up. I've been getting good mileage out of Claire by using another instance using the second chair option to double things for ensemble though.

I purchased Cinebrass bundle a few weeks ago and am so blown away by the sound that I'm still considering Cinewinds. I pulled up a track from Force Awakens and played along with it with Cinebrass. Amazingly the tones, dynamics, and seating positions with the Dennis Sands mix were almost identical. Wonder if Cinewinds or Cinestrings are that close...

I have cinestrings and their solo. I like them...never compared them to any score though.

Top Bottom