1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CineStrings Core velocity question

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by kingy75, Sep 14, 2018.

1. kingy75

kingy75 New Member

Sep 12, 2018
    Hi all,

A question regarding CineStrings. Is it possible to make the Full Ensemble articulations patch respond to key velocity? I’m recording a fast Celtic style melody and it doesn’t sound quite natural to have every single note at the same velocity if that makes sense.

Any tips on how to get around this?

2. paulmatthew

paulmatthew Senior Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Milwaukee, Wi
    Load the patch, click Mapping , then click on the KS Vel Dyn Map tab to the left. Short Articulations will be key velocity sensitive and sustains will use CC1 (modwheel to control dynamics) but keyswitching is required. Alernatively , you can use the velocity map where pedal is set for sustains and key velocity triggers the short articulations and CC1 (modwheel) controls the dynamics of all articulations and no keyswitching is required. It's very customizeable. Or you setup your own mapping in custom map or adjust the maps that exist (if you do , i would save the patch as a different name and not overwrite the existing default).

3. OP
    OP
    kingy75

kingy75 New Member

Sep 12, 2018
    That's great, thanks for your help!

Do you know if there's a way to make the marcato note length slightly longer?

4. paulmatthew

paulmatthew Senior Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Milwaukee, Wi
    Not tom y knowledge but you can try staccato for bow attack overlay . it seems to extend the marcatos just a small bit longer.

5. OP
    OP
    kingy75

kingy75 New Member

Sep 12, 2018
    Gotcha, thanks. On another note - CineBrass - the trumpet ensemble articulation patch sounds a bit distant/echo-y out of the box to my ears. For this project I need it to sound a bit more close-up & puncy. Any ideas on how to achieve that?

6. maxime77

maxime77 Senior Member

Jul 19, 2015
    France
    Turn up the close/spot mic, perhaps?