What's new

CineString test track by Daniel James: very nice percussion and brass

Haha yeah I just PM him..

cinebrass is very likely.. But the percussion is tricky.. My guesses are Action Strike, hz01, Spitfire Albion Darwin percussion. I have no idea where he got that great sub boom sound.

Haha yeah I just PM him..

cinebrass is very likely.. But the percussion is tricky.. My guesses are Action Strike, hz01, Spitfire Albion Darwin percussion. I have no idea where he got that great sub boom sound.

daniel is pretty good at making sounds like that watch his videos on youtube.

I've heard that he tends to create one hit by combining different samples and arranging them so you get the boom, the mid and the crash in one hit.. its tricky but man.. daniel is just a genius

daniel is pretty good at making sounds like that watch his videos on youtube.

I've heard that he tends to create one hit by combining different samples and arranging them so you get the boom, the mid and the crash in one hit.. its tricky but man.. daniel is just a genius

Yes I have seen him incorporate 8dio percussion into his Iceni test track to add dimension.

Those do sound like the CB trumpets.

@migmavicontrol For big phrase-marking sub hits, the Easter Island ensemble is indispensable. Just have to EQ them so they don't overwhelm the whole perc sub.

Keep in mind this track is from 4 years ago (if the staccato shouting choir didn't give it away ;) ) so libraries like Action Strikes, HZ01, did not exist yet.

Keep in mind this track is from 4 years ago... so libraries like Action Strikes, HZ01, did not exist yet.

Take a look at his kontakt libray tab. Action Strikes was already there.

The Hans Zimmer Percussion - First Look video was done 4 days after this one.

Take a look at his kontakt libray tab. Action Strikes was already there.

The Hans Zimmer Percussion - First Look video was done 4 days after this one.

I try to learn the in's and out's of every library I have so I know what it does well and what it does not. I then load the instruments best suited to the cue I am writing. So while I have libraries in the tabs doesn't mean I use them all the time. I mean fuck I counted the other day I have 20 string libraries (well 20 libraries which contain significant strings) I still use all of them....just not all the time.

Although I am a perc whore....so if the cue is big, there is also a possibility I threw everything in.....With me and perc you never know.

-DJ

Those do sound like the CB trumpets.

@migmavicontrol For big phrase-marking sub hits, the Easter Island ensemble is indispensable. Just have to EQ them so they don't overwhelm the whole perc sub.

Keep in mind this track is from 4 years ago (if the staccato shouting choir didn't give it away ;) ) so libraries like Action Strikes, HZ01, did not exist yet.

NoamL, by "Easter Island ensemble", which library were you referring too? I looking for exactly that sort of big phrase-marking sub hits.
Thanks

I try to learn the in's and out's of every library I have so I know what it does well and what it does not. I then load the instruments best suited to the cue I am writing. So while I have libraries in the tabs doesn't mean I use them all the time. I mean fuck I counted the other day I have 20 string libraries (well 20 libraries which contain significant strings) I still use all of them....just not all the time.

Although I am a perc whore....so if the cue is big, there is also a possibility I threw everything in.....With me and perc you never know.

-DJ
Don't mean to hijack the thread but on this video, I'm assuming you're using your trash can multi-core mac. In one of your 'travel' videos, you mention a mac book pro and carrying your library on ssd drives. How many libraries do you keep on your 'travel ssd drives and how well do they stream?

Don't mean to hijack the thread but on this video, I'm assuming you're using your trash can multi-core mac. In one of your 'travel' videos, you mention a mac book pro and carrying your library on ssd drives. How many libraries do you keep on your 'travel ssd drives and how well do they stream?

Yup 12core 64gbs ram trash can. I have 4 1tb external SSD's (and another 4tb 7200rpm HD) all running via USB 3. Everything streaming perfectly. I only use the Macbook when I am in a different country and need to keep working.

If I am honest it feels like I still have plenty of headroom before my current system starts to get swamped. Havn't even needed to look at thunderbolt storage options yet, when I do that will extend the current systems longevity.

-DJ

Yup 12core 64gbs ram trash can. I have 4 1tb external SSD's (and another 4tb 7200rpm HD) all running via USB 3. Everything streaming perfectly. I only use the Macbook when I am in a different country and need to keep working.

If I am honest it feels like I still have plenty of headroom before my current system starts to get swamped. Havn't even needed to look at thunderbolt storage options yet, when I do that will extend the current systems longevity.

-DJ
thanks

Top Bottom