What's new

Cinesamples Competition.

Not fair, I don't have or will never feel the need to join Facebook. They should post it here, there are more than enough musicians here who would enter.

Just saw this. You have to join the Cinesamples Composer Community on Facebook.
There's a list of 12 songs to choose from.
Here ya go,

Cinesamples is celebrating the Holidays with our first ever Holiday Composition Competition with the 1st prize winner getting the full Cinesamples Everything Bundle worth $6,699 and the 2nd prize winner receiving the CineSymphony Complete Bundle worth $3,399.
Here's how it works:
We want to see your cinematic take on some classic Holiday tunes. To enter, make a cinematic version of one of the following pieces using at least 80% Cinesamples libraries. **This is not a hard rule. **We just want the majority of your composition to use whatever Cinesample instruments you have. Be creative and have fun!
Pick 1 from any of the 12 tunes below:
  1. Silent Night
  2. Jingle Bells
  3. It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas
  4. I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas
  5. Santa Baby
  6. We Three Kings
  7. What Child is This
  8. Joy to the World
  9. Frosty the Snowman
  10. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
  11. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
  12. All I Want for Christmas Is You
Once you're done:
  1. **Complete this form: **https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KNVZS3X
Only for the 2 winners: The 2 winners, will have their track showcased on all our social media channels, and we'll post a Youtube screencast of the composer's DAW, showing the instruments used, while a play-through of the track is done. Therefor, keep your template clean and organized so you are ready to submit a compressed MP4 video file of your track playing inside your DAW.
Finalist are chosen by Cinesamples.
Winners are chosen by the Cinesamples Facebook Community Group.
**Deadline to Submit: Dec. 24, 2020. **
Finalists announced: Jan. 4th, 2021
Community Voting Starts: Jan. 7, 2021
Winners Announced: Jan. 15, 2021

Stay tuned for voting instructions.

Thanks for posting this! Good luck to all participants! I probably don't have enough Cinesamples libraries to take part.
The 80% rule is ironic, since I don't any Cinesamples libraries, and therefore would have the most to gain from winning the Cinesamples Everything Bundle. :confused:

Yep I am in the same boat. I feel it’s an oversight on Cinesamples part. I might be alone here but 80% is quite high. Don’t get me wrong, I have Cinesamples libraries but this is like trying to make a Michelin star meal without half the ingredients.

Although being creative with what you have is marvellous and could make a difference, however I am sure composers with a full palette of Cinesamples libraries can take full advantage were others may not.

Well I would be interested in winning some cinesamples libraries.... Because I have none... I guess I have no chance then?

This is probably going to be one of my more stupid post's but......wouldn't it be awesome if cinesamples would offer the participants a time locked version of cinestrings cinebrass and cinewinds core so we could not only give them 100% cinesamples music but we could also taste 😋 their products?
Wishful thinking 😕.

Just download their freebies and see what you can come up with using CineSine Lite, Jerry’s Pianos, Bowed Psaltery, Jam Bucket, and Sony Room Tone :P
Just looked at them, not sure how you could get much out of them for the above songs.

Top Bottom