What's new

Cinesamples Competition.

ptram

Hmm. A Christmas tune made from only CinePerc and Voices of War? Sounds fun!
Since the imagery of the Holy Tree has its roots in the veneration of a sacred tree in ancient Northern Europe, Voices of War has probably the most historically accurate tone!

(I've never understood the name of that library; it sounds to me more sacred than epic).

Paolo

jaketanner

A few years back 8Dio also had similar contests where you needed to use their libraries to win their libraries...LOL. I am all done with my xmas track..just need to fine tune the mix a bit, then I'll submit. Good luck to all who entered.

Jack McKenzie

Composer/Arranger
So you litterally have to own cinesamples stuff to win cinesamples stuff...great!
I agree this rule is quite harsh, especially as many new members to the Facebook Community group will most likely not own many, if any, Cinesamples Libraries. I think it has been updated that the 80% doesn't relate to libraries but rather 80% of the composition must contain Cinesamples libraries. You can also use other libraries in conjunction as well and won't be penalised. I also agree that allowing participants to enter only if they are a member of Facebook is harsh, I think any composer on any platform should be allowed so that the playing field is equal.

Last edited:

jaketanner

I agree this rule is quite harsh, especially as many new members to the Facebook Community group will most likely not own many, if any, Cinesamples Libraries. I think it has been updated that the 80% doesn't relate to libraries but rather 80% of the composition must contain Cinesamples libraries. You can also use other libraries in conjunction as well and won't be penalised. I also agree that allowing participants to enter only if they are a member of Facebook is harsh, I think any composer on any platform should be allowed so that the playing field is equal.
It's not unreasonable to have a developer contest that showcases their libraries. 8Dio had one and maybe one other as well...It was also posted in their own group on FB. But...they do have at least 8 free libraries you can use, for the entire 80% and supplement it with other libraries.

Jack McKenzie

Composer/Arranger
It's not unreasonable to have a developer contest that showcases their libraries. 8Dio had one and maybe one other as well...It was also posted in their own group on FB. But...they do have at least 8 free libraries you can use, for the entire 80% and supplement it with other libraries.
I agree it's not unreasonable, but as a way to get more new members into the community, it may not have been the best way. If they had perhaps released a free library that entrants had to use that would have encouraged much more numbers I think. I agree, it would be wrong to hold a composition competition where entrants could use solely libraries by other companies and none from the host.

Top Bottom