Cinesamples: Cineperc. Still worth the money?

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by jononotbono, Feb 10, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    jononotbono

jononotbono Luke Johnson

Ok, we only we live once so...

Wishing my Isle of Wight internet connection would hurry up. These 100+gb downloads are taking their time haha

richardt4520 likes this.
  2. AlexanderSchiborr

AlexanderSchiborr Senior Member

May 1, 2014
    omg..jono..are you buying of the whole sample market? :shocked::grin:

3. OP
    OP
    jononotbono

jononotbono Luke Johnson

What is it with Continuata Connect. I've left my computer on for a couple of days downloading Cineperc and I check on it this morning and it's frozen. So I restart it, hit the download button and it crashes. Every time. Hitting Shift and reset leads to crashing. The only way to get it to download agin was by choosing a new folder (on same drive) and restarting the whole download again. Ridiculous.

I guess I had better buy a new sample library whilst I wait for this beast to download. haha

4. URL

URL Senior Member

Mar 10, 2016
    Artic C
    SSD is cheaper now so...

5. maxime77

maxime77 Active Member

Jul 19, 2015
    France
    Here's a very interesting video for sample lovers in which Wilbert Roget II (Call of Duty WWII) talks about his use of sample libraries and how he mixes them with live players. When asked at the end which percussion library he uses, he says CinePerc is the best ;)

He uses Reaper and usually scores an entire score in just one single Reaper project.

https://www.gdcvault.com/play/1023727/AAA-Virtual-Orchestration-on-an

jononotbono and stprodigy like this.
  6. OP
    OP
    jononotbono

jononotbono Luke Johnson

Finally in business! This is going to be fun trying this out! :)

Screen Shot 2019-02-22 at 01.17.18.png

Mike Fox and Monkberry like this.
  7. dariusofwest

dariusofwest Active Member

Apr 21, 2006
    Love that video! :D

8. X-Bassist

X-Bassist Senior Member

Sep 26, 2015
    The multiple mics are really nice, I’d suggest checking them out. In some cases there is a sub track that adds a great boom not in the mix.

I usually remove the reverb too. The room is nice. Only downside to Cineperc is it doesn’t work great for hybrid/ trailer tracks. I suppose I need strikeforce for that.

Jazzy_Joe and jononotbono like this.
  9. OP
    OP
    jononotbono

jononotbono Luke Johnson

Strikeforce is perfect for hybrid/trailer/anything that isn't supposed to be acoustic. It's a great perc library. And to be honest, how they have they dynamic layers mapped across keyboard, I wish that was in everything. Very quick to get results when using a crap controller keyboard with bad velocity response. Which reminds me, the next thing I buy is an NI Kontrol S61 mk2 as I reckon that will be just such a great controller for playing perc on (and for a synth action).

I've already been listening to the patches with just the Close mic. Loving it. The Castanets piqued my interest but the Typewriter got my attention. ;)

10. X-Bassist

X-Bassist Senior Member

Sep 26, 2015
    Cool. Don't forget to check out the other mics, especially on bigger drums. Like on brass, the room can add a lot of meat to the sound. :)

11. Consona

Consona Senior Member

Aug 5, 2011
    What's this "OP01 Timpani - Soft Mallets" patchs? Do I have to own the full collection to have that or what?

12. boxheadboy50

boxheadboy50 Member

Apr 5, 2018
    I'm so friggin' jealous of you right now! I wish I had the funds for CinePerc... for now I'll just eyeball Rhapsody Percussion... :cautious:

13. Jazzy_Joe

Jazzy_Joe New Member

Oct 16, 2017
    Hampshire, UK
    I find adding an exciter really gives CinePerc a nice crack and sizzle if you are going for Hybrid style sounds! Waves one is good, and also the one that comes with Ozone.

Mike Fox, X-Bassist and jononotbono like this.
  14. J Slater

J Slater New Member

Nov 26, 2017
    Before I buy it, this isn't a locked library, is it? I need to be able to tweak tunings and other parameters.

15. Land of Missing Parts

Land of Missing Parts No Time for Honky-Tonk

Jan 27, 2013
    Hogwarts
    The sale is over and it looks like Cineperc is $700. Did they lower the price? I could have sworn it was ~$900 before.

16. mgpqa1

mgpqa1 Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Land of Missing Parts likes this.
  17. Inceptic

Inceptic Member

Nov 16, 2013
    They did lower the price. According to my 2018 Black Friday Excel, it was $799, in line with the archive link posted by @mgpqa1.

Land of Missing Parts likes this.
  18. Mike Fox

Mike Fox Senior Member

Jul 8, 2016
    I don't remember it being locked.