Cinesamples: Cineperc. Still worth the money?

OP
jononotbono

jononotbono

Luke Johnson
Ok, we only we live once so...

Wishing my Isle of Wight internet connection would hurry up. These 100+gb downloads are taking their time haha

OP
jononotbono

jononotbono

Luke Johnson
What is it with Continuata Connect. I've left my computer on for a couple of days downloading Cineperc and I check on it this morning and it's frozen. So I restart it, hit the download button and it crashes. Every time. Hitting Shift and reset leads to crashing. The only way to get it to download agin was by choosing a new folder (on same drive) and restarting the whole download again. Ridiculous.

I guess I had better buy a new sample library whilst I wait for this beast to download. haha

maxime77

Here's a very interesting video for sample lovers in which Wilbert Roget II (Call of Duty WWII) talks about his use of sample libraries and how he mixes them with live players. When asked at the end which percussion library he uses, he says CinePerc is the best ;)

He uses Reaper and usually scores an entire score in just one single Reaper project.

https://www.gdcvault.com/play/1023727/AAA-Virtual-Orchestration-on-an

dariusofwest

X-Bassist

Finally in business! This is going to be fun trying this out! :)

View attachment 18599
The multiple mics are really nice, I’d suggest checking them out. In some cases there is a sub track that adds a great boom not in the mix.

I usually remove the reverb too. The room is nice. Only downside to Cineperc is it doesn’t work great for hybrid/ trailer tracks. I suppose I need strikeforce for that.

OP
jononotbono

jononotbono

Luke Johnson
The multiple mics are really nice, I’d suggest checking them out. In some cases there is a sub track that adds a great boom not in the mix.

I usually remove the reverb too. The room is nice. Only downside to Cineperc is it doesn’t work great for hybrid/ trailer tracks. I suppose I need strikeforce for that.
Strikeforce is perfect for hybrid/trailer/anything that isn't supposed to be acoustic. It's a great perc library. And to be honest, how they have they dynamic layers mapped across keyboard, I wish that was in everything. Very quick to get results when using a crap controller keyboard with bad velocity response. Which reminds me, the next thing I buy is an NI Kontrol S61 mk2 as I reckon that will be just such a great controller for playing perc on (and for a synth action).

I've already been listening to the patches with just the Close mic. Loving it. The Castanets piqued my interest but the Typewriter got my attention. ;)

X-Bassist

Strikeforce is perfect for hybrid/trailer/anything that isn't supposed to be acoustic. It's a great perc library. And to be honest, how they have they dynamic layers mapped across keyboard, I wish that was in everything. Very quick to get results when using a crap controller keyboard with bad velocity response. Which reminds me, the next thing I buy is an NI Kontrol S61 mk2 as I reckon that will be just such a great controller for playing perc on (and for a synth action).

I've already been listening to the patches with just the Close mic. Loving it. The Castanets piqued my interest but the Typewriter got my attention. ;)
Cool. Don't forget to check out the other mics, especially on bigger drums. Like on brass, the room can add a lot of meat to the sound. :)

Jazzy_Joe

I find adding an exciter really gives CinePerc a nice crack and sizzle if you are going for Hybrid style sounds! Waves one is good, and also the one that comes with Ozone.

J Slater

Before I buy it, this isn't a locked library, is it? I need to be able to tweak tunings and other parameters.

NeonMediaKJT

Has anybody else noticed with the timpani that if you play 4 soft mallet hits in a row at a soft dynamic, there's one note at a much louder dynamic that sticks out? Kinda hard to use the soft mallets.

Haakond

Has anybody else noticed with the timpani that if you play 4 soft mallet hits in a row at a soft dynamic, there's one note at a much louder dynamic that sticks out? Kinda hard to use the soft mallets.
Yes, that drove me insane. But I saw somewhere here that it is a bug, and Cinesamples are fixing it.