What's new

Cinesamples: Cineperc. Still worth the money?

OP
jononotbono

jononotbono

Luke Johnson
Ok, we only we live once so...

Wishing my Isle of Wight internet connection would hurry up. These 100+gb downloads are taking their time haha

OP
jononotbono

jononotbono

Luke Johnson
What is it with Continuata Connect. I've left my computer on for a couple of days downloading Cineperc and I check on it this morning and it's frozen. So I restart it, hit the download button and it crashes. Every time. Hitting Shift and reset leads to crashing. The only way to get it to download agin was by choosing a new folder (on same drive) and restarting the whole download again. Ridiculous.

I guess I had better buy a new sample library whilst I wait for this beast to download. haha

dariusofwest

X-Bassist

Finally in business! This is going to be fun trying this out! :)

View attachment 18599
The multiple mics are really nice, I’d suggest checking them out. In some cases there is a sub track that adds a great boom not in the mix.

I usually remove the reverb too. The room is nice. Only downside to Cineperc is it doesn’t work great for hybrid/ trailer tracks. I suppose I need strikeforce for that.

OP
jononotbono

jononotbono

Luke Johnson
The multiple mics are really nice, I’d suggest checking them out. In some cases there is a sub track that adds a great boom not in the mix.

I usually remove the reverb too. The room is nice. Only downside to Cineperc is it doesn’t work great for hybrid/ trailer tracks. I suppose I need strikeforce for that.
Strikeforce is perfect for hybrid/trailer/anything that isn't supposed to be acoustic. It's a great perc library. And to be honest, how they have they dynamic layers mapped across keyboard, I wish that was in everything. Very quick to get results when using a crap controller keyboard with bad velocity response. Which reminds me, the next thing I buy is an NI Kontrol S61 mk2 as I reckon that will be just such a great controller for playing perc on (and for a synth action).

I've already been listening to the patches with just the Close mic. Loving it. The Castanets piqued my interest but the Typewriter got my attention. ;)

X-Bassist

Strikeforce is perfect for hybrid/trailer/anything that isn't supposed to be acoustic. It's a great perc library. And to be honest, how they have they dynamic layers mapped across keyboard, I wish that was in everything. Very quick to get results when using a crap controller keyboard with bad velocity response. Which reminds me, the next thing I buy is an NI Kontrol S61 mk2 as I reckon that will be just such a great controller for playing perc on (and for a synth action).

I've already been listening to the patches with just the Close mic. Loving it. The Castanets piqued my interest but the Typewriter got my attention. ;)
Cool. Don't forget to check out the other mics, especially on bigger drums. Like on brass, the room can add a lot of meat to the sound. :)

Jazzy_Joe

I find adding an exciter really gives CinePerc a nice crack and sizzle if you are going for Hybrid style sounds! Waves one is good, and also the one that comes with Ozone.

J Slater

Before I buy it, this isn't a locked library, is it? I need to be able to tweak tunings and other parameters.

Top Bottom