Cinesamples: Cineperc. Still worth the money?

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by jononotbono, Feb 10, 2019.

1. jaketanner

jaketanner Senior Member

Mar 21, 2017
    Easton, PA
    damn..LOL Maybe one day. :)

richardt4520 likes this.
  2. boxheadboy50

boxheadboy50 Member

Apr 5, 2018
    When CinePerc was first released 6 years ago, it came in 4 separate parts: Core, Pro, Epic, and Aux. They were all sold separately and had different instruments to serve their respective functions. Then about 3 years ago they combined it into one big library.

3. jaketanner

jaketanner Senior Member

Mar 21, 2017
    Easton, PA
    Why on earth? LOL Why limit their potential customers to make an $800 library instead...:(

Inceptic and richardt4520 like this.
  4. Robo Rivard

Robo Rivard Active Member

May 11, 2016
    Québec
    Yes, I bought the original Core package, that covers all the standard orchestral percussions. It was the biggest one. There is an upgrade path for me, if I want the full CinePerc package. But I hear they changed the mapping for more consistency in the full version.

5. richardt4520

richardt4520 Active Member

Feb 2, 2018
    Totally agree! Core is the only one I'm really excited about so I would've sprung for that. I just don't need all the other stuff.

Robo Rivard and jaketanner like this.
  6. Rob Elliott

Rob Elliott Senior Member

The only thing that CORE does NOT have is multiple 'hardness' mallets for the timps. Just wondering it that is worth the upgrade/sale?????

7. ChrisSiuMusic

ChrisSiuMusic Senior Member

Yes I do indeed. I use Berlin for more classical-type music, stuff that’s less cinematic and ‘epic’ in nature. It has a really detailed sound that works well exposed :)

markleake, Mike Fox and Ihnoc like this.
  8. Inceptic

Inceptic Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Really dumb move IMO, especially since I still feel the sting for having bought Cinestrings. Getting me to pony up another several hundred dollars on a second library from them will probably not happen.

richardt4520 likes this.
  9. boxheadboy50

boxheadboy50 Member

Apr 5, 2018
    Do you not like CineStrings?

10. Henu

Henu Senior Member

Nov 17, 2017
    Finland
    The sound of Cinestrings is great, and it's a really awesome library especially for more bold-sounding stuff, but the playability, legatos and buggy scripting makes the library very frustrating to deal with. Just like Cinewinds, basically.

11. Haakond

Haakond Member

Aug 4, 2015
    Norway
    The «standard» is the best and most versatile, but the hard mallets are really good when you need the extra punch! Not sure if it is worth an upgrade just for those mallets, though

Rob Elliott likes this.
  12. Robo Rivard

Robo Rivard Active Member

May 11, 2016
    Québec
    The Toontrack "Orchestral Percussions" might be what you have been waiting for... It requires Superior Drummer 3...

Jack Weaver and richardt4520 like this.
  13. jaketanner

jaketanner Senior Member

Mar 21, 2017
    Easton, PA
    I’ve had very minor issues on Pro Tools. I also have their solo strings and the sound as you said, is really great. My issue with Cinestrings is the damn noise. They told me a while ago they’re working on a cleanup as they did for the solo library, but hasn’t happened, and not sure it will.

14. Rob Elliott

Probably right. The only other thing that was 'interesting' was the celeste and maybe low chimes - but for a few hundred????? Having said all this CORE really is good.

richardt4520 likes this.
  15. Simon Ravn

Simon Ravn Senior Member

Wow. Time to get it. It is an awesome library. Bass drums are still the best out there. Timps great too. So much to like about CinePerc.

Nick Batzdorf likes this.
  16. Rob Elliott

Simon - do you have the samples BEYOND the 'Core'? Useful? I am 'mixing and matching' currently a lot for my orch perc - wouldn't mind to keep that section 'mostly' one room though.

17. Jazzy_Joe

Jazzy_Joe New Member

Oct 16, 2017
    Hampshire, UK
    Yes bass drums are also great and can punch in a mix, not to mention the monster low hits library, pretty epic!

18. Simon Ravn

Simon Ravn Senior Member

Hi Rob. No, I was never too tempted to get the extensions. Didn't really seem like something I needed.

Rob Elliott and richardt4520 like this.
  19. Inceptic

Inceptic Member

Nov 16, 2013
    No. As others have said, noise and script issues. I haven't heard anything negative about CinePerc; I just wish I could buy a smaller subset to give Cinesamples a second chance.

richardt4520 likes this.
  20. Brian Nowak

Brian Nowak Active Member

Jan 9, 2018
    I am curious to see what they pull off. I was not impressed at all with their "action" release, but I suppose this will be more in line with their superior drums type of thing.

The other thing that makes me hesitate is that it's being recorded in a studio. Not in a hall or even in a drier scoring stage. So I'll be really curious to see how it turns out in terms of placing things, overall tone, etc.

richardt4520 likes this.