Cinesamples: Cineperc. Still worth the money?

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by jononotbono, Feb 10, 2019.

1. JeffvR

JeffvR Active Member

Dec 4, 2010
  2. mgpqa1

mgpqa1 Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Man, if only that 40% off could also apply towards upgrades (I have core and pro), but my upgrade discount is still a little too expensive for me ($399 to complete the collection).

sndmarks and benmrx like this.
  3. benmrx

benmrx Senior Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Seattle
    Same. FWIW Cineperc Core + Spitfire Joby percussion is a wonderful sound.

4. Land of Missing Parts

Land of Missing Parts No Time for Honky-Tonk

Jan 27, 2013
    Hogwarts
  5. Rob Elliott

Rob Elliott Senior Member

I wonder how to calculate this sale if I currently own Cineperc CORE - ONLY. I think they combined ALL the cineperc libraries sometime back. I'll have to check out the site.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  6. Rob Elliott

Yea a little confusing. I own CORE and my price for the COMPLETE set is $599 (with code they provide in my user area). YET I could buy the complete set today for $479 on this sale...……….hmmm. Code provided looks to NOT affect pricing at checkout????

7. jaketanner

jaketanner Senior Member

Mar 21, 2017
    Easton, PA
    just went on sale 40% off today. lol

Mike Fox likes this.
  8. jaketanner

jaketanner Senior Member

Mar 21, 2017
    Easton, PA
    Seems like Black Friday sales don't mean as much...there have been more sales that are just as good, or better after the holidays, than before.

9. OP
    OP
    jononotbono

jononotbono Luke Johnson

Haha! Yeah, speak of the devil and all that!

jaketanner likes this.
  10. LondonMike

LondonMike Active Member

Jun 28, 2013
    I have the core library only and find it always does the job in whatever context or style I need it to. Glock, Xylo, Timps, Tamb... they always seem to sit nicely in the mix.

stprodigy and jaketanner like this.
  11. jaketanner

jaketanner Senior Member

Mar 21, 2017
    Easton, PA
    BTW, Spitfire has their percussion library also on sale for 40% off at the moment. Might be worth checking them out as well.

LondonMike likes this.
  12. Jazzy_Joe

Jazzy_Joe New Member

Oct 16, 2017
    Hampshire, UK
    I have both Cineperc and Spitfire Percussion, and I honestly use Cineperc 90% of the time, it just sits better with other libraries. I love the sound of Spitfire, and want to use them, but they are just a bit too wet for me. I also find Cinepercs aux instruments really useful, and a huge collection to boot!

stprodigy likes this.
  13. jaketanner

jaketanner Senior Member

Mar 21, 2017
    Easton, PA
    Cineperc is also way more expensive. I'm sure it's worth it, and I too would love to have it...even at my EDU discount it still come to $400 for the library. Wish they'd have a core version.

14. kgdrum

kgdrum Senior Member

Apr 11, 2005

You might want to contact them about this and ask if they can adjust this considering the sale.
    I've always found Cinesamples to be a great company w/ customer service as well as creating great products.
    It can't hurt to ask them about this.

15. Rob Elliott

Thanks just issued the support ticket - let's see what they say. For those owners BEYOND the 'Core' - worth it - at the sale price? In the past I never felt those things beyond 'core' where a must-have. But, I could be convinced...:)

16. Studio E

Studio E Eric Watkins

And just like that, there’s another library that I had no idea even existed until now, and that I’m absolutely SURE I need, but I can’t really say why, lol.

marclawsonmusic likes this.
  17. Ihnoc

Ihnoc Active Member

Got to ask; you have Berlin Percussion right, Chris? How does CinePerc and Berlin stack up in your uses?

Land of Missing Parts likes this.
  18. Rob Elliott

For those BEYOND Core - happy with the 3 different mallet types for the timps? Core only has one (Timpani) - (probably med)

19. jaketanner

jaketanner Senior Member

Mar 21, 2017
    Easton, PA
    Where did you get the "core" percussion from? They only have the $799 bundle, then a bunch of secondary libraries, but I do not see a core.

20. OP
    OP
    jononotbono

jononotbono Luke Johnson

I believe they used to be separate products but they all got bundled together