What's new

Cinesamples: ancient bones

Also, sounds somewhat disrespectful to the dead person when I think about it like that.

Yeah -- that Wikipedia article makes it seem like there's some ambivalence/slippage about the moral significance of the femur:

"The femur of a criminal or a person who died a violent death is preferred. Alternatively, the femur of a respected teacher may be used. The kangling may also be made out of wood."

Hail Satan, now this was a complete disappointment.

It's technically some one-shot wave files from three sound sources with a minimal GUI. Sure, what can you expect for $10, but still. :(

Hail Satan, now this was a complete disappointment.

It's technically some one-shot wave files from three sound sources with a minimal GUI. Sure, what can you expect for $10, but still. :(

That's too bad, I really liked the idea...how does the trident shell sound? Does it has that Jerry Goldsmith alien sound? Probably not :-(

That's too bad, I really liked the idea...how does the trident shell sound? Does it has that Jerry Goldsmith alien sound? Probably not :-(

I actually liked this (I mean, for ten bucks...) and have used it already. But if you're looking for a chromatic conch/seashell, I've been eyeing this, too. The demo sounds very nice.

https://www.kontakthub.com/product/sea-trumpets/

I used the shell and the whistle in this short track here. You can hear the shell at 0:09 in the intro, and the death whistle as the scream at 1:03.

Hah, nice piece, Chris! For what it comes to Seashells in general, Tari's Forest Kingdom 2 has one patch which is chromatic and has a lot of articulations as well. I bought this mainly for the Femur trumpet, and was really dissappointed it wasn't chromatic. Everything in Ancient Bones is just basically triggered wav files which play from start to the end, no matter what you press.

Someone should definitely sample that Femur trumpet for real, with legatos and stuff. Because...of course!

Top Bottom