What's new

Cinematic Studio Woodwinds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, english horn! I'd love to have that one, beautifully captured!!
+3
Working on a piece with a Cor Anglais theme in it. Spitfire is best fit from my available choices and it’s not bad at all in context but I’d love a really good one. There are a couple of transitions that are rough and to cover that I have to alter phrasing to something that I suspect would be impossible for a physical player.

I would agree that end of next year is definitely more realistic. "Aiming for" and "expecting for" are two very different things and when he communicated with me about it he made it very clear that he was thinking the former. For me personally it probably doesn't matter a ton anymore because I just picked up BWW during the BF sale, although if CSW brought something really unique to the table I would still consider it of course. I'm so happy with BWW though that I find that unlikely at this point.

I would agree that end of next year is definitely more realistic. "Aiming for" and "expecting for" are two very different things and when he communicated with me about it he made it very clear that he was thinking the former. For me personally it probably doesn't matter a ton anymore because I just picked up BWW during the BF sale, although if CSW brought something really unique to the table I would still consider it of course. I'm so happy with BWW though that I find that unlikely at this point.
Honestly I think BWW is worth the purchase even if CSW were to come out tomorrow, there's just so much ground that BWW covers to such a high quality.

Does anyone ever thing that maybe for the really difficult to sample instruments (especially oboe and clarinet) that it might be better to have separate libraries for symphonic instruments and soloists? - in the manor of Berlin WW vs the soloist Exp B?

I think it would be wise to at least tease people a bit, honestly. Spitfire Studio Series bundle pricing will be announced this Thursday, and if the bundle price is good for professional it would pique my interest.

It would also be nice to know if CSW will have contrabassoon and bass clarinet. It would be fantastic to have those instruments for my modern scoring needs.

Bump! Because I want them.
Cinematic studio bumping is an art, and if you do it, please respect that art. You should write : "Cinematic Studio Bump". Nothing more.

The good news is : it's never too late to improve. So wait a couple of days until this thread disappear and then do it properly ! ;)

I have the feeling that we will not wait as long as CSB. But not in the next months. Maybe around september. Hopefully.

It would also be nice to know if CSW will have contrabassoon and bass clarinet. It would be fantastic to have those instruments for my modern scoring needs.

True, I find the extended instruments of the woodwinds especially lovely, also the alto flute and cor anglais.
The Cinematic Studio Series seems to focus more on the bread and butter instruments and techniques, so I'm not expecting those, but I'm certainly hoping for it and I'll patiently wait, no matter what library comes before.

I'm looking forward to the release of CSW maybe later this year.

Hopefully Alex will be able to deliver the great timbre of the Flute, Oboe, English Horn, these are the ones that need more work, and attention to the type of Mics/Pres used to capture the beautiful, and detailed rich texture of their timbre. Many Woodwind libraries I feel are weak in sampling, and re-creating these solo woodwinds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom