Cinematic Studio Woodwinds?

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by Kony, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Rob Elliott

Rob Elliott Senior Member

I used to think that the Oboe (French) was the most difficult of all woods to sample properly but I am not too sure when, with so many clarinets purchased since VSL's clarinet release (has to be 12+ years now) - I STILL find myself going back to that instrument for projects. It just seems to have that 'singing' quality that a client often wants in a clarinet. Me thinks that Alex will capture that. Mid year would be nice on release but we must all remember that Alex is a perfectionist - given the results he has been able to achieve in CSS/CSSS, CSB. My money is on 1st qtr 2020 for the release of CSW - and I am ok with that given my high expectations.

jamwerks, Casiquire and NoamL like this.
  2. constaneum

constaneum Senior Member

Probably we'll anticipate the following list of instruments in CSW. Core woodwinds.

• 1 Piccolo Flute
    • 1 Flute
    • 2 Flutes
    • 1 Oboe
    • 2 Oboes
    • 1 English Horn
    • 1 Clarinet
    • 2 Clarinets
    • 1 Bassoon
    • 2 Bassoons
    • 1 Contrabassoon

eli0s, jamwerks and Brian Nowak like this.
  3. Pablocrespo

Pablocrespo Active Member

I wish they did two flutes 1 and 2 separately (and the other instruments pairs) instead of a2.

It’s what I like the most about BWW, much more suited for choral and counterpoint.

4. NYC Composer

NYC Composer Senior Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Clearly you didn’t live through the 80s.

AllanH likes this.
  5. Brian Nowak

Brian Nowak Active Member

Jan 9, 2018
    That is probably accurate based on CSB. Still, a man can hope for a bass clarinet.

6. rottoy

rottoy Gentleman Scholar

May 12, 2013
    I retroactively suffer through it every day, listening to Kenny G solos while furiously typing on VI Control.

Soundhound, AllanH and leon chevalier like this.
  7. constaneum

constaneum Senior Member

if i'm not mistaken, SA walkthrough video for its studio woodwinds did mention something about you can't have 2 solo flutes blends together to make it blend well as an ensemble. Something like that. Basically, they're referring to Berlin woodwinds ? lol

Talk about that, i wonder why Berlin Woodwinds has this Clarinet Ensemble but doesnt have recorded Oboe, Flute and Bassoon ensemble.

galactic orange likes this.
  8. ionian

ionian Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Queens, NY
    You know how the saying goes, "If you can remember the 80s, you weren't there"

9. galactic orange

galactic orange Sensor Number

Jun 23, 2016
    I only remember what I saw in the movies.