Cinematic Studio Solo Strings - available now!

ctsai89

Poem of Ecstasy
I've been teaching cello for 10 years now but I think the primary reason for the hammer on is so that the harmonic or screech sounds that happen when the finger touches the string without going down all the way, could be avoided by hammering on hard or fast.

Vik

Hi all, I have sent this to support as well, but in case that takes time - maybe someone here knows the answer?
I just installed CSSS. When I load both CSS and CSSS into the same Kontakt instance (in Logic Pro), they will after short time switch to show the SAME GUI! They both show the GUI of CSSS. Anyone here seen that and have a solution? Thanks. Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 22.44.14.png

miket

Boring Member
Something similar has happened to me using multiple Spitfire libraries in the same instance of Kontakt. I don't think they change to completely identical GUI's, but the mic positions on one will change to those of the other library, as an example.

If it's at all related, it seems to be a Kontakt thing rather than a CS or SF problem.

Vik

Thanks, Miket. The weirdest thing her sis that the GUI changes once I play a MIDI Note. How is that even possible?

miket

Boring Member
I'm not positive, but I think the same thing applies to what I mentioned! Playing a note, or using a controller.

Vik

Do you remember how long ago that was? I just wonder how long that bug has been around.

Vik

I only first noticed it within the last several months.
Thanks. Do you also use Logic, or Logic and High Sierra, like me? Maybe it started with High Sierra?

I just tried Kontakt in standalone mode, it doesn't happen then.

I found that it doesn't happen if one instrument is set to Legato mode, while the other isn't. But once I enable Legato for the other instrument as well, they get the same UI.

Last edited:

Vik

Update: tried in Cubase now, the same happens there. And since you have it in a different Library, Miket, it isn't a CSS (only) problem either.

Vik

Something similar has happened to me using multiple Spitfire libraries in the same instance of Kontakt. I don't think they change to completely identical GUI's, but the mic positions on one will change to those of the other library, as an example.

If it's at all related, it seems to be a Kontakt thing rather than a CS or SF problem.
Hi Miket, it seems that a new Kontakt update (5.8.1) have fixed this. Which version are you using?

miket

Boring Member
I run Logic on Sierra, but I'm still using Kontakt 5.8.0. I'll update soon, and see if it disappears for me.

NeonMediaKJT

Sorry for bumping an older thread, but just wanted to point out something regarding CSS and CSSS. I love how CSSS added legato transitions for non-vibrato. Is there any chance we'll get non-vibrato legato transitions in CSS? I think that would make them even more consistent with each other.

constaneum

Sorry for bumping an older thread, but just wanted to point out something regarding CSS and CSSS. I love how CSSS added legato transitions for non-vibrato. Is there any chance we'll get non-vibrato legato transitions in CSS? I think that would make them even more consistent with each other.
non vibrato legato transition ? i thought that's already there. just turn the vibrato CC control to 0 ?

VMH

non vibrato legato transition ? i thought that's already there. just turn the vibrato CC control to 0 ?
Maybe he means recorded legato transitions (thou I'm not sure if CSSS has these)? Isn't the non vibrato legato scripted (simulated) in CSS?

NeonMediaKJT

There is no actual recorded legato for non-vibrato in CSS. There is some kind of basic legato transition on the non-vibrato in CSSS which is better than nothing.

NeonMediaKJT

Maybe he means recorded legato transitions (thou I'm not sure if CSSS has these)? Isn't the non vibrato legato scripted (simulated) in CSS?
The CSSS non-vibrato sounds like there is an actual transition there. I can hear the bow change.