1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cinematic Studio Solo Strings - available now!

Discussion in 'COMMERCIAL Announcements' started by Alex W, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Alex W

Alex W Senior Member

Hi everyone,

We’re very excited to (finally!) announce the release of our brand new sample library: Cinematic Studio Solo Strings. Capturing the sound of a world-class string quartet seated in position, CSSS is the next exciting step in our Cinematic Studio Series.

Cinematic Studio Solo Strings are expressive, emotive and powerful, with a smooth realistic sound that will give your melodies that elusive human touch. CSSS is designed to beautifully complement our full-section string library Cinematic Studio Strings, or to stand on its own as a detailed, intimate and expressive solo strings library to add to your musical palette.

We've taken the simplicity, smooth workflow and authentic sound of the Studio Series and applied it to solo violins (1 and 2), viola and cello to create an incredibly realistic sample library that you can use to write expressive solo or quartet parts, or as first-chair with CSS.

CSSS has the same wide variety of articulations as CSS, and the layout of the GUI is functionally the same, allowing the two libraries to blend seamlessly together for an even richer sound. With ultra-realistic legato and true-to-life dynamics, you’ll feel like you’re right there in the studio with this wonderfully talented quartet.

Cinematic Studio Solo Strings is available now for Kontakt and Kontakt Player at the very affordable price of $299. Existing CS2 and CSS customers will pay only $199 for this outstanding addition to their collection! Please check your inbox for your discount coupon (please contact us via the support form on our website if you don't receive your email).

Cinematic Studio Solo Strings has the following articulations:

• Legato, including legato repetition and portamento
    • Spiccato, staccatissimo, staccato and sfz (long staccato)
    • Marcato / fast runs
    • Pizzicato, including Bartok snaps
    • Col legno
    • Harmonics
    • Tremolo
    • Trills (half and whole)
    • Measured tremolo (tempo sync and free sync)
    • Con sordino emulation (whole library)

The Cinematic Studio Series includes Cinematic Studio Strings, Piano and now Solo Strings. Future releases will include Cinematic Studio Brass, Woodwinds and Percussion. For more information please visit our website here: www.cinematicstudioseries.com

2. mmjohan

mmjohan Active Member

Aug 19, 2015
  3. de_signs

de_signs Dirk Ehlert

Apr 17, 2011
    Germany
  4. N.Caffrey

N.Caffrey Senior Member

Mar 15, 2016
    this sounds soo good, well done!

5. rottoy

rottoy Gentleman Scholar

May 12, 2013
    That sounds absolutely bonkers phenomenal.

SoNowWhat?, kavinsky and synthpunk like this.
  6. Silence-is-Golden

Silence-is-Golden ^^

Jun 8, 2015
    just received the loyalty upgrade code........ fantastic Alex!

This means new playing/composing pleasure and another step towards a full CSSeries orchestra!

7. Puzzlefactory

Puzzlefactory Senior Member

Nov 22, 2016
    So when's Brass on its way...?

Vastman, mmjohan and Harry like this.
  8. Killiard

Killiard Senior Member

Jan 26, 2014
    Ooooohhh...sounds very, very nice!

9. Zhao Shen

Zhao Shen StormSound

Jul 8, 2014
    Other developers take note - this is what's called living up to the hype. Best-sounding strings library followed by the best-sounding solo strings library. As if I wasn't already excited for CSB...

10. rottoy

rottoy Gentleman Scholar

May 12, 2013
    The only criticism I can give Alex is he makes me feel bad about the rest of the string libraries I have.

SoNowWhat?, Batrawi, Vastman and 9 others like this.
  11. Grizzlymv

Grizzlymv Senior Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Sounds really, really nice! I'd like to hear more of the individual instruments alone (naked) rather than dressed with other instruments to really hear in more details that beautiful sounding as a solo instrument. Hopefully in a future walkthrough video or something. But it's the first time I hear a solo string library that really sound like it should and where we don't feel the computer/synth effect. Awesome job there guys!

12. johnbusbymusic

johnbusbymusic composer... i think

Oct 10, 2016
    Mississippi
    i like things alone and naked
    oops sorry wrong thread...

13. Jeast

Jeast Senior Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Oh my god... Beautiful!

14. micrologus

micrologus Senior Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Switzerland
  15. Zhao Shen

Zhao Shen StormSound

Jul 8, 2014
    Yeah don't even get me started on the absurdly generous base price and loyalty discount. Get the best solo string library on the market - for less than half the price of all the others!

Batrawi, Brendon Williams and rottoy like this.
  16. mac

mac Senior Member

Mar 21, 2016
    If anyone already owns the virharmonic solos too, it'd be interesting to hear how they compare in sound and play feel.

17. Erik

Erik Senior Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Any information about the range of the strings?

18. micrologus

micrologus Senior Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Switzerland
    Wow, those spiccatos are awesome!

19. ysnyvz

ysnyvz Senior Member

Apr 24, 2011
    $199 is very generous. Thanks, Alex.

Btw website is giving me this error on chrome:

Also CSS 1.5 update is not uploaded yet, I guess?

20. phil_wc

phil_wc Senior Member

Jan 20, 2014
    Do they have any video on their site that I can hear solo string legato runs?