What's new

Cinematic Studio Brass?

I think the 'delay' for the legato is not a problem at all. If you want to make your mockup sound as good as it can be, take your time with the editing and cc's. Hope CSW will come soon with the same approach!

Months ago you posted a snippet from a piece. It was amazing. Did you finish it?

I'm still waiting for Junkie XL brass to see what that will offer, otherwise I'd buy CSB right away.

Where is the CSS and CSB documentation? I was trying to find manuals online but wasn't successful.

Hehe, was listening to this on youtube on repeat a few days ago.

Also your Star Wars pieces are really sweet! Liked them a lot. You should make some tutorials, your mixes sound great.

So your basic set up is CSS with CSB and Cinewinds? Obligatory question... what reverb do you use? :grin:
Cheers!

Ha! I wasn't expecting anyone to have heard any of my other YouTube uploads on this forum. Thanks a lot!

I've often thought about doing some videos of just making music and recording it but I'm terrible at talking to myself, lol.

In that specific mock-up, the set up was:
CSB
CSS
CineWinds Core
True Strike 1

And I often use the East West Gold versions of HB, HS and Symphonic Orchestra for string, brass and percussive FX to fill things out.
Reverb is all Valhalla Room and I have every single instrument going into one Reverb at different send percentages. There's probably a much better way, but the simplest way helps me stay sane haha

Ha! I wasn't expecting anyone to have heard any of my other YouTube uploads on this forum. Thanks a lot!

I've often thought about doing some videos of just making music and recording it but I'm terrible at talking to myself, lol.

CSB
CSS
CineWinds Core
True Strike 1

And I often use the East West Gold versions of HB, HS and Symphonic Orchestra for string, brass and percussive FX to fill things out.
Reverb is all Valhalla Room and I have every single instrument going into one Reverb at different send percentages. There's probably a much better way, but the simplest way helps me stay sane haha

Did you use other instrument positioning plugin? Seems like it's pushed back quite a lot and i like it ! What did you use for CSB and CSS? all Mix mic ?

Did you use other instrument positioning plugin? Seems like it's pushed back quite a lot and i like it ! What did you use for CSB and CSS? all Mix mic ?

I sometimes use Panagement for Woodwinds, but just woodwinds. For Percussion, I always use the far mics. However, for CSS and CSB, I just used the mix mics and sent them to the reverb for that specific mock-up. I kinda wish I'd have used the far mics for the Trombones as they sound kinda dry there.

for percussion, far mics can be pretty muddy.

I'm thinking of using room mic only for CSB. Haven't tested out that yet.

for percussion, far mics can be pretty muddy.

I'm thinking of using room mic only for CSB. Haven't tested out that yet.
Yeah it can do. I find I have to EQ my low percussion such as Timpani and Gran Cassa a fair bit sometimes. I just like to have the percussion to sound as pushed back as possible.

CSB room mic work best for Trumpet repetitions, I find. I just think that you lose a little bit of punch by doing it, so adding a slight bit of close mic helps.

Haha! No not yet.... Did an other test though... I'm more busy mixing my template then finishing songs xD

Great!!!
How much memory do you need for this template ? Can you shear the specs of your machine ? what reverb you use to glue all these sounds?

Thanks!

For strings:
CSS, CSSS, Adventure and soaring strings.

Brass:
CSB, Samplemodeling and angry brass

Woodwinds:
Hollywood woodwinds (cinesamples)
Auddict audio woodwinds

Percussion:
Cineperc, True Strike

Reverb:
Seventh Heaven

Which preset did you use for seventh heaven ?

I use VROOM and what I do is set up 3 different versions of the same reverb with different depth and pre-delay settings for close/medium/far groups. Strings go to close. Winds go to medium. Brass and percussion go to far.

I know some people don't care for the sound of Room but I have tried a fair number of great reverbs and still haven't found one as successful as Room at giving me a sense of depth and placement. Nimbus was close but it was just similar enough I couldn't justify buying it. It takes some work to get Room sounding how I want it but the results are nothing short of spectacular, especially considering how cheap it is.

Great!!!
How much memory do you need for this template ? Can you shear the specs of your machine ? what reverb you use to glue all these sounds?

Close to 80GB. All mics loaded and running from 4 ssd's. Its an setup of 2 pc's running VEP... Old i7 nothing special actually. Reverb is Seventh Heaven as mentioned in the post.

Which preset did you use for seventh heaven ?

Several ones: Large hall, Mechanics hall and Large and dark

Close to 80GB. All mics loaded and running from 4 ssd's. Its an setup of 2 pc's running VEP... Old i7 nothing special actually. Reverb is Seventh Heaven as mentioned in the post.

Several ones: Large hall, Mechanics hall and Large and dark

Thanks!! We are waiting for a tutorial!!

CSB
CSS
CineWinds Core
True Strike 1

I don't think talking is that necessary. :) Would be really interesting just to watch your workflow, how you mix the orchestra, etc. :thumbsup:

Hm, interesting, when I was choosing Valhalla reverb, after demoing all available I chose VVV, I had liked its sound the best, but in the end it seems it doesn't matter that much since Room sounds really good in your mixes. How much of a wet signal do you use? I tried to match my reverb setting with Attack of the Clones score and ended up somewhere around 30% on VVV together with 24% on Lexicon MPX. (I use two since I like the sound of them combined, it brings a little more density.)

Listening to CSB really makes me want to try it, I only have Cinebrass, but CSB lines feel more coherent and tight.

Top Bottom