Cinematic Studio Brass?

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by chrisphan, Feb 16, 2017.

1. rdieters

rdieters Member

Mar 25, 2014
    Very true. It also helps to do more than one breath controller take, and assign each to individual voices.

Saxer likes this.
  2. Grim_Universe

Grim_Universe Active Member

@michdb is it a close mic? Very strange! Feels like it has a lot of early reflections.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Casiquire likes this.
  3. miguel88

miguel88 New Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Yes is only the close mic I think csb has too much phasing sound , in cinebrass core I cant hear it much with any patch

4. JohnBMears

JohnBMears Senior Member

Jan 12, 2015
    A few bars from the end of Summon The Heroes. Used the transposition trick to create more players as he wrote it for 6 tpts, 4 horns, 4 bones & tuba!

Attached Files:

5. Consona

Consona Senior Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Could you tell me, is this the mix mic position and did you use any eq? I'm comparing various CSB demos and I really like the sound of this demo of yours. :)

6. calebfaith

calebfaith Active Member

Its the mix mic position, very little eq and a little QL Spaces verb

Consona likes this.
  7. Consona

Consona Senior Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Hm, interesting, sounds different to some other demos that used the mix position.

Some other stuff you made with CSB? :grin: That SW mock-up was really tasty. :thumbsup:

N.Caffrey likes this.
  8. Rob Elliott

Rob Elliott Senior Member

Are you finding any need to further 'powerpan / or narrow' (VSL) CSB in your Daw on final mix? Especially on densely orchestrated material (with all brass, strings, woods 'choirs' going at it.)

9. calebfaith

calebfaith Active Member

I don't have anything else I'm allowed to post sorry

I've found that I quite like the placement of the instruments so far. I haven't had the time to play around with the different mic positions and panning as of yet. I like a wide mix :)

10. Rob Elliott

Rob Elliott Senior Member

Yea - the panning out of the box seems spot on. I have a fairly densely orchestrated cue that I am doing currently that I am considering 'narrowing' with powerpan - but I suspect I'll just resort to the panning/mics I have now.

11. Consona

Consona Senior Member

Aug 5, 2011
    No problem. :)