What's new

Cinematic Studio Brass?

So this or Cinebrass Core?
Since Cinesamples update their libraries constantly (at least I hope they continue to do that), there's a possibility the legato will get improved, maybe even some new patches will appear, or some features from 90s Retro, but if you like the darker sound of CSB, buy that. The library feels really cohesive and playable.

I'm still waiting for other 90s Retro libraries before I make up my mind where to put my money, since I have CS Core and Pro and I love the sound.

Since Cinesamples update their libraries constantly (at least I hope they continue to do that), there's a possibility the legato will get improved, maybe even some new patches will appear, or some features from 90s Retro, but if you like the darker sound of CSB, buy that. The library feels really cohesive and playable.

I'm still waiting for other 90s Retro libraries before I make up my mind where to put my money, since I have CS Core and Pro and I love the sound.

Are the Retro 90s tpts (and possible upcoming horns etc) geared towards forte-type playing, or does it cover a wider dynamic range?

So this or Cinebrass Core?
CSB:
Really smooth and consistent legato
easy to use and clean interface
overall really consistent and well standardized library
very compatible with CSS and CSSS
wider dynamic range
darker sound
more naturally dry
slightly less articulation options

Cinebrass CORE:
Brighter, brassier, yet still warmer when needed
more ensemble combination patches
about $100 cheaper assuming you're not using the student discount or the CSS discount for CSB
more patches in general, with free updates bringing more and more each time
still one of the better interfaces on the market
wetter sound, seems to have some buggy phasing issues and weird cutoffs as a result, but this is often if not always fixable with clever mixing and programming tricks

I would go check out this thread which has a bunch of mockups and shootouts to hear the difference and see all the conversation people had about the differences: https://vi-control.net/community/threads/cinematic-studio-brass-vs-cinebrass.78052/

No need to apologize, man! :) I was just asking in the case I was missing something.
I think I sometimes feel like the CS libraries have less articulations than others because it feels like one instrument to me and so much happens under the hood that I don't realize how many articulations I'm using at any given time. I started with East West and loaded every articulation as its own instrument, so it was quite a shock to me. I think perhaps this is a bonus in favor of CS libraries though haha!

Yea for sure the 'ensemble' patch is way more than just a sketch pad. ;) I am sure it is obvious but 'turn off' the trpts on the ensemble patch and you have ensemble patch "II" (sans the trpts). Great for so many uses.

Interesting, I plan to purchase this library in the near future, so I have no experience with it.

But... Is it possible to turn off the trumpets in the ensemble patch ?

Just wondering how one would turn off a specific section of the ensemble patch ? or do you mean you have to go into the Kontakt editor and mute the trumpet sample Zones ? ... ?

The way the ensemble in CSB works is that it uses the mix positions of each section instead of the single mic positions. So the 4 mics are: Horns, Trombones, Trumpets, Bass.

Oh, I see. This is quite a good approach, since one can customize the content of the ensemble patch. very cool.

Thanks for the feedback.

Interesting, I plan to purchase this library in the near future, so I have no experience with it.

But... Is it possible to turn off the trumpets in the ensemble patch ?

Just wondering how one would turn off a specific section of the ensemble patch ? or do you mean you have to go into the Kontakt editor and mute the trumpet sample Zones ? ... ?
In addition to turning off the trpts - I also have a saved patch with ONLY bones and tuba (turn off the horns). Uber convenient to getting it done under schedule pressure.

Here's more of the excerpt from Quidditch - the trumpets have such a clear quality I haven't been able to achieve with other libraries.

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/quidditch-excerpt-mp3.17712/][/AUDIOPLUS]
Sounds good. Sorry if you mentioned this earlier, but were you able to play this in?

Top Bottom