What's new

Cinematic Studio Brass?

ka00

I wasn’t sure if it was worth another thread, but slightly off topic. I am obsessing over the first demo track “Edge of Reality”. I want more music like that in my life. All those harmonic twists and turns. Can anyone recommend more bad ass brass heavy tracks like that?

LamaRose

Gato Mighty!
I wasn’t sure if it was worth another thread, but slightly off topic. I am obsessing over the first demo track “Edge of Reality”. I want more music like that in my life. All those harmonic twists and turns. Can anyone recommend more bad ass brass heavy tracks like that?
I love this track, as well... was wondering what he used to create that great ambience in the beginning... and the airy strings vs in your face brass really hits you in the gut.

Nicola74

I just have received my discount coupon too, but I would like to see a walkthrough before purchasing...or did I miss it?

Edit: ok, found It ;)

Olfirf

Regarding the brass ensemble size question

This is a really nicely written and orchestrated piece and I have nothing bad to say about the composer:

HOWEVER if you are a fan of symphonic soundtracks, something that sticks out here is that the 11 piece Berlin Brass (which is the normal size for JW's orchestra) is overwhelming the 28 piece Berlin Strings. BST is half the size of the string sections JW has used on many symphonic scores (60-65 players), an ensemble size which both "Hollywood" Strings and "L.A. Scoring" Strings matched deliberately.

CSS has a healthy body to the sound but it's still a studio string orchestra, 35 players (including the solos IIRC). Having much bigger brass sections would totally overmatch the orchestra. Even now, because CSB clearly has a higher dynamic range than Berlin Brass (can confidently say that just from the demos we heard), those 3 trumpets can blast across the rest of the orchestra in classic JW fashion without any need of some JW-at-the-Olympics a6 ensemble. :)

I too am curious about the horns though!
Are you sure about CSB having the bigger dynamic range? It certainly has the top end covered, but so far, I didn't hear anything that does the pp-mp brass choral as well. I would say, those two libraries complement each other well. One dry, the other ambient. One more for the obvious brass, the other more for the ensemble writing. Yet, there seem to be many things unique enough about both libraries. It is not an either or to me, as it seems. I have high hopes for this one to exactly cover the whole that BBr certainly has.

axb312

A few thoughts:
- Does the solo horn sound a little muffled to anyone else?
- Does anyone else think the new "soft dynamics" demo has too much limiting applied? Or are the soft dynamics also that loud? Can't hear a discernible soft dynamic there tbh....

Top Bottom