What's new

Cinematic Studio Brass?

From The Cinematic Studio Series website :

Quote : "The new Cinematic Studio Series will provide a comprehensive, consistent and realistic full set of orchestral libraries. We're proud to announce the immediate availability of the first two libraries in this groundbreaking collection: strings and piano. The next two instalments, Cinematic Studio Solo Strings and Cinematic Studio Brass, are both due for completion early in 2017. The final two releases, Cinematic Studio Woodwinds and Cinematic Studio Percussion will follow soon after."

So, We should expect Cinematic Studio Brass, and Cinematic Studio Solo Strings soon !

Really excited to see them released soon.

The site doesn't say that anymore. It now says:

The new Cinematic Studio Series will provide a comprehensive, consistent and realistic full set of orchestral libraries. We're proud to announce the immediate availability of the first three libraries in this groundbreaking collection: strings, solo strings and piano. The rest of the series is currently in production and will include brass, woodwinds and percussion sections.

As Alex is no longer promising Cinematic Studio Brass this year on the site, I'm guessing that we will see CSB by first quarter of 2018. Which is not to say that it might not appear this year. His stuff has a way of just turning up one day without a lot of advance buildup.

I only know that is gonna be out before next summer, just I hope we access this winter, but better they don't give any date until release so they can work without a date limit so the library scrips will be better.

I updated to Spitfire Symphonic Brass in the meantime, but I am still waiting on Cinematic Studio Brass... the scripting is a lot more accesible (I do not like the fade to ultra annoyingly quiet ppp layers in Spitfire Brass at all, its to quiet to be usable?). I never had any problem with the legato delay. It's just practise. I just wish it could get it sooner rather then later. Very much looking forward to the winds. The solo strings are fantastic, so no pressure there...

A watched pot never boils. ;)

We all know that when we least expect it, without warning, one day CSB will be here.
Sometime in the first quarter, right?

The better question is: when can we expect CSW? :unsure:

Does anyone know anything about this? I'm not sure whether to hold my breath on this one (need a new brass library) but they're over 1 year late so far

Does anyone know anything about this? I'm not sure whether to hold my breath on this one (need a new brass library) but they're over 1 year late so far
Not heard anything (but I wasn’t really expecting to either). Definitely don’t hold your breath (unless you are a tradigrade). Interested to hear/see this one (ditto all the css libs).

Well, I went on their site earlier today and I discovered that they removed any references to timeline for the rest of the cinematic studio series. In the past, they just gave vague ETAs and then stay quiet until they would just show up one day with the finished product. So I'm expecting the same for the rest of the series. I don't know what is taking longer than expected, but if Alex needs more time to ensure we get a pristine product like we always get from him, then I don't mind. I'm sure he have excellent reasons and I'd take that over any rushed products like we've seen with other devs in the past. I was never deceived by their previous products so I'm gonna wait until they are ready. There's no other brass/wind or perc library that convinced me yet, so I'm not in a hurry. Hopefully they will convince me like the strings did. I'd prefer to get the complete orchestra from cinematic studio now that I invested in their instruments. Time will tell. I think we are definitely closer to a release than we were a year ago, but if you're in a hurry, waiting for the CSB release might be a too long shot for you.

Seems like there's genuinely enough interest in this that board members would be willing to contribute towards paying for a private detective to go and spy on the developer in Australia ... maybe a private detective that can play a trombone. Do those exist? That way he/she can get right in there and ask the question everyone seems to want answered. "When the feck is it coming out?"

He was last seen on a private yacht chasing around Tahitian girls. He's probably not getting much work done...

He was last seen on a private yacht chasing around Tahitian girls. He's probably not getting much work done...

Just a conspiracy theory: The promise for CSB was only a strategy to get people to buy CSS in hopes that they will eventually have the whole set of orchestra in one hall

Top Bottom