What's new

Cinematic Studio Brass - out now!

I'm just going to throw this out there while this thread is back on the front page. Alex, it'd be really awesome if once you're finished with the woodwinds and percussion (and harp?), if you might consider adding an expansion or pro version of CSB with additional solo instruments (both of the main instruments for divisi, but also flugelhorn and euphonium etc). :geek:

I'm just going to throw this out there while this thread is back on the front page. Alex, it'd be really awesome if once you're finished with the woodwinds and percussion (and harp?), if you might consider adding an expansion or pro version of CSB with additional solo instruments (both of the main instruments for divisi, but also flugelhorn and euphonium etc). :geek:

I believe the whole point of the the Cinematic series is to provide an inexpensive yet high quality series of homogenous instruments. So no, no "pro" or "expansion" version I hope, but in keeping witht the cinematic series style, a quality of life update for all CSB owners.

I believe the whole point of the the Cinematic series is to provide an inexpensive yet high quality series of homogenous instruments. So no, no "pro" or "expansion" version I hope, but in keeping witht the cinematic series style, a quality of life update for all CSB owners.
I know that's not quite in keeping with the Cinematic Studio philosophy, but an expansion pack wouldn't negate the continued existence of CSB, so I don't see a reason to hope it wouldn't happen once the core Cinematic Studio orchestra is complete. For me, I'd love to have euphoniums and flugelhorns that blend seamlessly with CSB/CSS, other additional brass instruments like cimbasso and second solo instruments like trumpets would also be wonderful additions.

I know that's not quite in keeping with the Cinematic Studio philosophy, but an expansion pack wouldn't negate the continued existence of CSB, so I don't see a reason to hope it wouldn't happen once the core Cinematic Studio orchestra is complete. For me, I'd love to have euphoniums and flugelhorns that blend seamlessly with CSB/CSS, other additional brass instruments like cimbasso and second solo instruments like trumpets would also be wonderful additions.

Don't quite see why you're so keen to pay more (I assume thats what all your pro/ expansion murmuring means). Alex Wallbank has proved that quality can be (semi) affordable and I believe he can continue to do so. More instruments should mean more customers for him, thereby more income, while maintaining the same price level.

So, I say no to a pro/ expansion version of Alex's libraries. Those who want/ need to pay more can look elsewhere.

I too, like you look forward to some additional instruments, particularly a Flugelhorn and a Cimbasso.

Don't quite see why you're so keen to pay more (I assume thats what all your pro/ expansion murmuring means). Alex Wallbank has proved that quality can be (semi) affordable and I believe he can continue to do so. More instruments should mean more customers for him, thereby more income, while maintaining the same price level.

So, I say no to a pro/ expansion version of Alex's libraries. Those who want/ need to pay more can look elsewhere.

I too, like you look forward to some additional instruments, particularly a Flugelhorn and a Cimbasso.
I assumed by quality of life update you meant continued bug fixes, scripting improvements etc, rather than adding additional instruments in the existing library. I see what you mean by increasing instruments would increase sales, but I'm not sure if it would do so to the extent of being able to undertake what would basically be an entirely new library. Anyway this is all hypothetical given Alex hasn't said anything about expanding CSB, let alone how he'd go about doing it.

Why would anyone "hope" there's no expansions? Anyone forcing you to buy? I for one would love to see expansions on the strings & brass!

Why leave out people who can't afford the main lib + expansions? You do realize that even at it's (comparably) good price, CSS/ CSSS/ CSB are by no means cheap for quite a few people?

My thought is - keep the Cinematic Series at it's current price level, increase sales and make this the no.1 used string library the world over.

Also, I direct your attention to this blurb from the Cinematic Series website:
"
With elegant design and an emphasis on usability, the Cinematic Studio Series brings you that true Hollywood sound at a very affordable price.
"
I don't understand the mentality on here, where we try to convince ourselves and everyone reading these forums that they need to pay more for quality. Why not ask developers to maintain high quality standards and low prices and make this stuff more approachable and usable for everyone?

Why leave out people who can't afford the main lib + expansions? You do realize that even at it's (comparably) good price, CSS/ CSSS/ CSB are by no means cheap for quite a few people?

My thought is - keep the Cinematic Series at it's current price level, increase sales and make this the no.1 used string library the world over.

Also, I direct your attention to this blurb from the Cinematic Series website:
"
With elegant design and an emphasis on usability, the Cinematic Studio Series brings you that true Hollywood sound at a very affordable price.
"
I don't understand the mentality on here, where we try to convince ourselves and everyone reading these forums that they need to pay more for quality. Why not ask developers to maintain high quality standards and low prices and make this stuff more approachable and usable for everyone?

Seriously can't understand the logic here. How do optional add-on expansions make the base library less affordable and accessible for people? If anything, the original libraries would get price reductions to encourage people to buy them and then move onto getting the expansions in the future, not that they'd have their prices hiked.

Top Bottom