What's new

Cinematic Studio Brass - out now!

mrd777

How does it stack against Berlin Brass? Might be worth getting just to have the mix between CSS and CSB sound more natural when combining libraries from the same room.

madfloyd

Has anyone got to try it yet? I can't tell if the brief comments here are reacting to the video or hands on experience.

JohannesR

Demo please
Just buy it. You can’t go wrong!
How does it stack against Berlin Brass? Might be worth getting just to have the mix between CSS and CSB sound more natural when combining libraries from the same room.
It is way better than Berlin Brass (I have all the expansions too).

Problem with Berlin Brass is the very limited dynamics (p-mf), but CSB goes from p-ff. Berlin Brass is Orchestral Tools' weakest product in my opinion - they have a lot of great stuff, sadly, the brass is not one of them.

What Berlin Brass brings to the table is individual instruments, but it really doesn't matter when you can't play f or ff.

N.Caffrey

Just buy it. You can’t go wrong!

Problem with Berlin Brass is the very limited dynamics (p-mf), but CSB goes from p-ff. Berlin Brass is Orchestral Tools' weakest product in my opinion - they have a lot of great stuff, sadly, the brass is not one of them.

What Berlin Brass brings to the table is individual instruments, but it really doesn't matter when you can't play f or ff.
I will :)

PeterKorcek

Finally, studio series coming nicely together - simple, yet powerful instruments and I have to say that Alex is a great guy/developer, we were emailing about one thing some time ago and he was so pleasant and helpful! Sometimes, when you pay with your money you want to justify the purchase for yourself. With this series and developer (and loyalty pricing!) it's a bit different, everything just feels a bit more "right"

artinro

Finally, studio series coming nicely together - simple, yet powerful instruments and I have to say that Alex is a great guy/developer, we were emailing about one thing some time ago and he was so pleasant and helpful! Sometimes, when you pay with your money you want to justify the purchase for yourself. With this series and developer (and loyalty pricing!) it's a bit different, everything just feels a bit more "right"
Seconded. Alex is pure class.

Peter Hirdes

I am a big fan of CSS and CSB seems to be a very recommendable invest. Though I am a heavy user of CineBrass and CB Pro so far. Can anyone among the new owners of CSB describe the differences between the two libraries concerning sound and playability?

My wife looked the other way on Black Friday. What am I supposed to do now?! I know what I have to do... It's easier to ask forgiveness than to beg for permission, am I right or am I right?! So easy to justify my sinful ways. :unsure: But this brass library is just too darn tasty to pass. Congrats on the release! Obviously an insane amount of work went into making it. Hopefully you learned a lot in the process that will make your future endeavors that much easier!

SoNowWhat?

realised I can type here
Now I've got a voucher code burning a hole in my pocket. Will pick this up asap. Thanks @Alex W and team. Very excited by this product.

While I don't yet have CSB in hand so am relying on the demos etc. I'd pretty much agree with that. Also have BB and all the expansions. There are some gems in there but for my needs I'd expect that CSB would be more than adequate and if I had my time over and I was buying brass right now it would be CSB all the way. As it is I will eventually have both so am happy with that.

Top Bottom