What's new

Cinematic Strings - Incredible Company!

Jeez, now you have me worried! I may be cancelling my subscription in the new year, I hope it works!

Basically its like this. There is an auto renew box that is currently checked. Because I prepaid a year, the box CANNOT be unchecked until I'm in the last month of the year. I cannot uncheck that box right now.
My wife has no idea how to do anything on this computer much less cancel a subscription to EW. So I have had to actually show her where to log in and what to do and what date she is able to do this on...and hopefully she remembers..... so that she doesn't get charged for a years subscription if I die....and chances are if I die, there is an understandable chance that she's going to forget about it.

No company in any industry should ever be able to put a checkmark in the auto renew box without your authority. Like I said....borderline corrupt.

Totally agree.

And regarding favorite String libraries, SCS is a joint position with SSS. Love them both.
I’ve got Spitfire Solo Strings and the Symphonic orchestra. Are they all that? I’m sure I could get a good discount at Christmas since SCS is on my wish list.

And what about the “professional” versions of these packages - worth it?

thx,

mike

Basically its like this. There is an auto renew box that is currently checked. Because I prepaid a year, the box CANNOT be unchecked until I'm in the last month of the year. I cannot uncheck that box right now.
My wife has no idea how to do anything on this computer much less cancel a subscription to EW. So I have had to actually show her where to log in and what to do and what date she is able to do this on...and hopefully she remembers..... so that she doesn't get charged for a years subscription if I die....and chances are if I die, there is an understandable chance that she's going to forget about it.

No company in any industry should ever be able to put a checkmark in the auto renew box without your authority. Like I said....borderline corrupt.
Yup, corrupt.

what’s all this talk of death? You planning to kick off?

And are you not with your wife physically? Can you not log into EW from anywhere and handle this?

Yup, corrupt.

what’s all this talk of death? You planning to kick off?

And are you not with your wife physically? Can you not log into EW from anywhere and handle this?

Yeah, we're in the same house...but she only comes down stairs once in a while to listen to my music and that's it. That's basically all she knows when it comes to digital composing....what she sees me do. She wouldn't know the difference between a VI and a DAW....much less how many companies I have accounts with.

If I didn't show her how to log into EW and I did die, she would pick up the credit card statement one day and see a nasty bill on there that she would be clueless to what it is.

EW... Composer Cloud Subscription cancellation policy... Yes. They do not handle this correctly in my opinion. I've had many types of subscriptions over the years. With all of those, I could log on and "uncheck" the auto renewal at any time. With EW, I can not do that until I am in the final month of the yearly subscription. Then if you miss it, they ding you for anther year, even though I am paying only by the month. So of course I have it marked on my calendar to un subscribe. I never thought about leaving instructions for my wife in the event of a premature demise!

EW... Composer Cloud Subscription cancellation policy... Yes. They do not handle this correctly in my opinion. I've had many types of subscriptions over the years. With all of those, I could log on and "uncheck" the auto renewal at any time. With EW, I can not do that until I am in the final month of the yearly subscription. Then if you miss it, they ding you for anther year, even though I am paying only by the month. So of course I have it marked on my calendar to un subscribe. I never thought about leaving instructions for my wife in the event of a premature demise!
Why not just ask your bank to block payments?

Wouldn't the bank then by liable for any mispayments?

Its not that simple. The company can file a grievance, and if my wife didn't have any idea of what was going on, the bank 'could' be forced to make the payment. Putting a 'stop' payment on something is no guarantee you won't have to pay up.

I recently had a good experience with Fluffy Audio. I won't go into the issue (which was an error from my end) but they answered me very quickly, and sent a follow up email as well asking me to let them know if everything worked out. Glad I have the opportunity on this thread to mention it. Good customer service deserves as much 'word of mouth' as bad service.

Its not that simple. The company can file a grievance, and if my wife didn't have any idea of what was going on, the bank 'could' be forced to make the payment. Putting a 'stop' payment on something is no guarantee you won't have to pay up.
I hear you in this context - but was more directed at auto-renewals which might get missed. I doubt a company would take any (costly court) action if a subscription wasn't renewed by a bank stop-payment.

I hear you in this context - but was more directed at auto-renewals which might get missed. I doubt a company would take any (costly court) action if a subscription wasn't renewed by a bank stop-payment.

probably not....but the point is EW should never have this sort of corrupt auto renewal policy in the first place.

Top Bottom