Cineharps vs Chocolate Audio Harp

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by constaneum, May 9, 2019.

1. constaneum

constaneum Senior Member

Which one would you prefer? Which has a better lower note sound as well ?

2. Brian Nowak

Brian Nowak Active Member

Jan 9, 2018
    I'm in the same boat here. Don't own either but would like a good harp as I'm close to starting work on an orchestral trailer album and will definitely be doing some fantasy stuff.

I've listened to a fair amount of both Cineharps and the Chocolate Studio harp. To me, Cineharps sounds just a bit better than the Chocolate Audio harp in the examples I've heard. I guess I just like that MGM scoring stage...

3. ChrisSiuMusic

ChrisSiuMusic Senior Member

Cineharps is my go-to. For fantasy, adventure, and even solo writing, Cineharps has an incredibly full and detailed sound that I love.

4. Henu

Henu Senior Member

Nov 17, 2017
    Finland
    ^ It's also on sale and I've been trying to dogde it at least three times now. Must....resist..... >.<

5. OP
    OP
    constaneum

constaneum Senior Member

Let it come to you naturally...don't resist. Lol

Land of Missing Parts likes this.
  6. Batrawi

Batrawi Active Member

Jul 9, 2016
    I own neither, but from the demos only I think chocolate's sounds better and more versatile eventhough it's one harp vs 3(?) in cineharp

7. erica-grace

erica-grace Senior Member

Sep 7, 2015
    IMHO, the spitfire audio harp sounds closest to any film score.

8. Brian Nowak

Jan 9, 2018
    It unfortunately has some problems as of right now. Sound dropping out - something to do with the sustain pedal. Also, some problems with glitch noises on the gliss patches.

Spitfire is apparently working to fix them. Unless there's been an update and nobody has said anything yet.

9. reids

reids Member

Nov 30, 2013
    Have you tried the OT Symphonic Harps? I believe it has more features. Which would you prefer between OT Symphonic Harps and Spitfire Harp if you can choose between the two? Would love to hear others' opinions here between these two harp libraries as well.

dsblais likes this.
  10. Mike Fox

Mike Fox Senior Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Cineharps is excellent, especially for realism. ProjectSAM's harp is my favorite though.

11. brek

brek Active Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Something seems to be changing:
    [​IMG]

New artwork and appears to now just be called "Spitfire Harp"

12. Rctec

Rctec Senior Member

Jun 14, 2010
  13. Brian Nowak

Jan 9, 2018
    The thing is - I'm not sure they changed the name to reflect an update on the scripting or bug issues. They might just not have rights to license the name of the artist i'm the title of the library.

14. OP
    OP
    constaneum

constaneum Senior Member

on the other hand, i think OT's Berlin series Harp sounds awesome. Just a bit pricey though.

dsblais likes this.
  15. Monkberry

Monkberry Member

Jan 7, 2015
    New York
    I stopped looking after I bought Cineharps. I picked it up last year on sale. The only other I used was EWQLSO, which is not bad but lacks control options. Cineharps sounds great and has a lot of parameter controls.

constaneum likes this.
  16. Henu

Henu Senior Member

Nov 17, 2017
    Finland
    I could had dogded it, but as I was working today with a song using a lot of harps, one thing lead to another and my friend drove my midi file through his Cineharps for comparison purposes. It was too much and I just ended up buying it. :D

constaneum likes this.