What's new

Cineharps vs Chocolate Audio Harp

I'm in the same boat here. Don't own either but would like a good harp as I'm close to starting work on an orchestral trailer album and will definitely be doing some fantasy stuff.

I've listened to a fair amount of both Cineharps and the Chocolate Studio harp. To me, Cineharps sounds just a bit better than the Chocolate Audio harp in the examples I've heard. I guess I just like that MGM scoring stage...

IMHO, the spitfire audio harp sounds closest to any film score.

It unfortunately has some problems as of right now. Sound dropping out - something to do with the sustain pedal. Also, some problems with glitch noises on the gliss patches.

Spitfire is apparently working to fix them. Unless there's been an update and nobody has said anything yet.

IMHO, the spitfire audio harp sounds closest to any film score.

Have you tried the OT Symphonic Harps? I believe it has more features. Which would you prefer between OT Symphonic Harps and Spitfire Harp if you can choose between the two? Would love to hear others' opinions here between these two harp libraries as well.

It unfortunately has some problems as of right now. Sound dropping out - something to do with the sustain pedal. Also, some problems with glitch noises on the gliss patches.

Spitfire is apparently working to fix them. Unless there's been an update and nobody has said anything yet.

Something seems to be changing:
smc0061_portrait_productview.jpg

New artwork and appears to now just be called "Spitfire Harp"

Something seems to be changing:
smc0061_portrait_productview.jpg

New artwork and appears to now just be called "Spitfire Harp"

The thing is - I'm not sure they changed the name to reflect an update on the scripting or bug issues. They might just not have rights to license the name of the artist i'm the title of the library.

I stopped looking after I bought Cineharps. I picked it up last year on sale. The only other I used was EWQLSO, which is not bad but lacks control options. Cineharps sounds great and has a lot of parameter controls.

Let it come to you naturally...don't resist. Lol

I could had dogded it, but as I was working today with a song using a lot of harps, one thing lead to another and my friend drove my midi file through his Cineharps for comparison purposes. It was too much and I just ended up buying it. :D

Top Bottom